Unusual weather in Bonaire

wishing4wind

We've had an incredible amount of rain in Bonaire this month, and I see cruise ship guests out walking on bright sunny days, and then rain comes up very unexpectedly. I'd like to give folks a head's up so you're not out there with cameras and phones caught in a sudden deluge without any plastic to cover your valuables. Last week had downpours every day but this week is drier. I heard next week there's more rain in the forecast. It's rare to have any rain in Bonaire at this time of year!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been here at this time of year for almost 14 years and most of the time it's very windy. The wind we've had the past 2 days has been exceptional, over 25 knots for 4 of 5 days in a row! I wouldn't sit under any trees with coconuts, but it's much better than the unusual rain we had several weeks ago!

My son-in-law booked a boat rental for us today and it was cancelled because of the wind. We spent the day at the beaches and I saw no boats on the water all day except for the submarine, the water taxi and a windsurfer. Later at the marina, we were told all the boat rentals and tour boats were cancelled through the weekend because of the wind. It's forcast to be over 25 knots for the next 4-5 days and over 20 knots for the next 10 days so if anyone has a sailing/snorkeling excursion booked they might want to make a back-up plan.

My son-in-law booked a boat rental for us today and it was cancelled because of the wind. We spent the day at the beaches and I saw no boats on the water all day except for the submarine, the water taxi and a windsurfer. Later at the marina, we were told all the boat rentals and tour boats were cancelled through the weekend because of the wind. It's forcast to be over 25 knots for the next 4-5 days and over 20 knots for the next 10 days so if anyone has a sailing/snorkeling excursion booked they might want to make a back-up plan.

Good day to try landsailing! :cool::cool:clear.png?emoji-cool-1690