Safety in Barcelona?

SJS

I wasn't being serious. Just having a dig at Americans on this thread who were commenting on safety of European destinations as if US cities were any better.

You are right. Anyone who is afraid of a large euro city is not informed. That being said i am American and would comfortably travel anywhere in the US too. The gun stuff is way over blown by the media. I am sure your risk as a traveler is infinitely small on that one.

Disturbing to you but normal to me. I concealed carry 90% of the time I’m out in public. Just need for a cruise port gun shop to store mine while I’m on my cruise and I’m good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With a username of 'psycho' and conceal carrying a gun, you perhaps can understand why many non-Americans feel very unsafe in many US cities...

With a username of 'psycho' and conceal carrying a gun, you perhaps can understand why many non-Americans feel very unsafe in many US cities...

My nickname was given to me early in my 28 year Military career....I did some crazy stuff. My point was I understand how non Americans could feel uncomfortable in the US...And how I feel it’s normal to carry. But if your cruising out of Florida there are over 1.3 Million law abiding citizens concealed carrying...Not counting other states visitors accepted by Florida to Conceal Carry.

Psycho and Barb

It's highly unlikely you would encounter any violent crime in Europe, so why would you need a gun?

If you tried taking it into Barcelona I think the Guardian Civil might have something to say about that and I wouldn't want to be messing with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Psycho and Barb

It's highly unlikely you would encounter any violent crime in Europe, so why would you need a gun?

If you tried taking it into Barcelona I think the Guardian Civil might have something to say about that and I wouldn't want to be messing with them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should of just kept my mouth shut on this one. I would never violate any laws in any country. I understand other people’s have different thoughts and values on guns. All I was attempting to do was point out even though the poster said he was uncomfortable around some Americans who might be armed...I just stated I was comfortable being around People who might be concealed carrying.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Yet you don’t “need” one on a cruise? Why not?

Is that because you feel safe in an environment where it’s normal not to carry arms? Do you get off the ship in port?

Anyway, I expect Barcelona won’t be a place you’ll be visiting anytime soon, particularly when it’s illegal to carry guns. Thank heavens for civilisation.

Its a 6 year prison sentence in the UK for carrying guns, fortunately law abiding citizens don't need to carry weapons here.

My nickname was given to me early in my 28 year Military career....I did some crazy stuff. My point was I understand how non Americans could feel uncomfortable in the US...And how I feel it’s normal to carry. But if your cruising out of Florida there are over 1.3 Million law abiding citizens concealed carrying...Not counting other states visitors accepted by Florida to Conceal Carry.

Just because others are carrying concealed guns doesn't make it right.

Like you said you did some crazy things which i wouldn't expect you to say what but someone could pull a gun and kill someone in an instant wheras if you didn't have a gun that couldn't happen.

I should of just kept my mouth shut on this one. I would never violate any laws in any country. I understand other people’s have different thoughts and values on guns. All I was attempting to do was point out even though the poster said he was uncomfortable around some Americans who might be armed...I just stated I was comfortable being around People who might be concealed carrying.

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

You would feel safe because you are carrying a gun also whereas in Europe we don't carry guns and we don't if we come to the US.

It's OK, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

I think guns are such emotive subject. There are the odd occasions at home when I've heard noises outside and thought I was about to be burgled, that I've thought "wished I'd had a gun"..... but then common sense kicks in and tells me if I had a gun, they might have too.

I know this has gone off the original topic of Barcelona but I honestly don't understand the train of thought that suggests the answer to gun violence is more guns. The thought that teachers are trained and armed in schools as being a solution to the numerous deaths is frightening. Do teachers never go psycho? A much better solution is no guns. Sorted.

Out of curiosity, why do you feel you actually need to carry a concealed gun everywhere you go? Do you carry one when you've had a drink?

Anyway, I do think out POV's are a polar opposite and I dont think we'd never convince each other the opposing merits.

And to bring it back to the port / City in question. It is illegal to carry concealed weapons in Barcelona and that in itself make it safer from gun related crime than pretty much every US city where doing so is OK.

I think we probably are better agreeing to differ, though I must admit its an interesting subject that I suspect 99.9% of the UK population (and EU I suspect) will be supportive of my views. I doubt the same can be said for yours in the US, even if the NRA are a powerful lobby.

This was an interesting article published yesterday and the rather disgraceful stamping of feet from those wanting guns. The very reason I'd be happy people like those are barred from having them.

https://splinternews.com/georgia-punishes-delta-over-a-total-of-13-nra-travelers-1823485522

Barcelona!

Wear trousers and LONG socks, tuck your money notes in the socks, so many thieving pickpockets in this lovely city.

Also watch out for bikers mounting the pavement at outside cafe's and pinching handbags, coats etc. off the back of your seat.

You cannot be too vigilant!

Jazz