s1 vs s2 on Celebrity Eclipse, just upgraded!

dodge9

Hi! I had S2 2148 and just was able to get a free upgrade to s1 1663 today.... was that the right move? Anyone have recent photos? I am hearing positives and negatives for both... one concern is they said the closet space is bigger in the s2 and it is two women traveling together! Also... is the wrap around balcony bigger? I like that we are no longer below a public area, but I liked having the overhang on deck 12 in case of bad weather... doing the Iceland-Ireland cruise. Would love to hear some feedback and maybe see some photos! THANKS!

I prefer the S1's quite a bit; the interior appears to be about 60 square feet larger and the balcony is larger as well. I enjoy the aft views (with a decent side view as well). It is also nice having a large porthole in addition to the glass balcony door - lots of natural light. The S2's do have more closet space, but my wife and I had no difficulty on 15-night cruise in an S1. While I wouldn't pay a large price difference between an S1 and S1, if they were priced close (or the same as in your case) opting for the S1 would be a no-brainer for me.

I prefer the S1's quite a bit; the interior appears to be about 60 square feet larger and the balcony is larger as well. I enjoy the aft views (with a decent side view as well). It is also nice having a large porthole in addition to the glass balcony door - lots of natural light. The S2's do have more closet space, but my wife and I had no difficulty on 15-night cruise in an S1. While I wouldn't pay a large price difference between an S1 and S1, if they were priced close (or the same as in your case) opting for the S1 would be a no-brainer for me.

Thanks... and yes there was not price difference!