Question on booking 2 rooms

chas435

Hi - I have booked a cruise in August on the Pride. I have booked 2 rooms - one with me, husband and 17 year old son and a second room with my 19 year old son and his 18 year old girlfriend. I have asked a few times on the phone with Carnival to make sure either me or my husband didn't have to be listed on my 19 year olds room and they said no. I am so afraid we are going to check in and them say - sorry someone over the age of 24 needs to be in their room. Any help from someone who has done this and not have a problem??

Just put on the check-in that you will be in the one room with the girlfriend. Other room, your husbanfd and the 2 sons.

I persnally would leave it that way, but after you're on the boat, you could get the cards swapped at GS and change it to the way you want. They might not let you at GS but I really don't think the ships employees will care.

We have booked 2 rooms similar to that.We had our 18 year old daughter and 13 and 9 year old sons in one cabin. It was never an issue at all. I think as long as they are booked with us as in reservations connected, they don't make an issue out of it. We've done this twice so far without incident.

As long as the reservations are connected you are fine. If they were younger you'd have to have the kids cabin within 4 doors of your own (or something to that effect) but there aren't any rules like that once you are dealing with young adults.

We have booked 2 rooms similar to that.We had our 18 year old daughter and 13 and 9 year old sons in one cabin. It was never an issue at all. I think as long as they are booked with us as in reservations connected, they don't make an issue out of it. We've done this twice so far without incident.[/quote

Do you put your kids names on the room or use you or husband in there?

We've booked separate rooms with my husband and I in one and our boys (14 and 12) in the other. They are rooms right next to each other, not connecting, and our bookings are linked under my name. No problem at all. The reservations were made through Carnival and the person helping me did make a note that we, the parents, were in the room next door. But the boys were listed in their room, and husband and I listed in ours. I was thinking my husband and I would have to be split up with one of the kids with each of us, but I didn't even have to ask her to arrange it so they were in their own room, and she did it for me. I think you'll be fine. Have a great cruise!

I have done this recently on the Dream. I booked myself in their room and switched everyone at guest services after boarding. The hardest part was getting the keys straight with an English as a 2nd language employee. I have Erin and Aaron and I think smoke was coming from his ears at one point.