Navigator of the Seas Review-with new menus

We just retuned from a great 5 night (Costa Maya and Cozumel) cruise. It was my husband (42) myself (37) and son (8). We drove to Miami from Orlando and arrived at 11:45am. We were on board by 12:10pm and eating pizza by 12:15pm! It was very fast and efficient, which in Miami sometimes hasn't been our experience.

Rooms were open at 1:30pm. We had a D1 on deck 7, 7354. The room was well kept and clean. The bed, was another story. I read someone's review prior where they described it as 'carved slate' and they weren't wrong! Our bed had 6, yes 6, pads on it an even then it was so hard and sagged in the middle. We however were prepared and brought backpackers air mattresses, they helped a lot and made for a better nights sleep.

We had first seating in the MDR and were surprised to see new menus. I only took pictures three of the nights, sorry. I'll post them soon.

Day 2 was a sea day and we did all the activities (flowrider, rock climbing, mini golf, pool time). Please note there was open ice skating this afternoon from 2-4pm, in 30 minute sessions. We arrived at 2:25pm wanting to skate but were told all the sessions for that day were full. We assumed there would be more open skate times on another day but were disappointed to see there was not. So just a heads up for those wanting to ice skate, get there early, or you may miss out like we did.

Day 3 was Costa Maya and we visited Blue Kay. Highly recommend, had a nice beach day.

Day 4 was Cozumel we booked a private jeep tour with CozumelCruiseExcursions.net. $69/Adult, $55/child. It was a nice 5.5 hour tour of the island and we saw many things we hadn't previously seen while visiting the island, Mayan ruins, ecological park, blow holes, Caribbean sea (wild side). The guide was born and raised on the island and a wealth of knowledge. Best part was it was just us and the guide, and we could customize the trip any way we wanted.

Day 5 at sea very windy

Day 6 back to Miami. Disembarkation was a mess, not really sure why. We docked in Miami at 7:45am, which I believe was a tad late. We were self assist and lined up in a huge line at 8am. Finally we're let off at 9:10am, customs was fast, no wait at all and many agents, so I'm not sure what the delay was. I don't know how long the others with luggage had to wait but I'm sure it was quite a while. It was a bummer to have that be the last taste of the Navigator.

Over all we had great time, the food and service was good and I would go back in a heartbeat. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought there was only one formal night on a 5 day cruise with RCCL. In the past, they have always had lobster and prime rib on that night. Was lobster offered (not the one you have to pay for) on another evening?

Do you have Cruise Compasses? I am looking for the flowriding hours?

Thanks for posting the menus. These were not the menus that were on our sailing in January, and I am disappointed to see that they are changed over. I wish I could see the 9 nights, as that is the one we will be on in just over two weeks.

The spice menus have a different salad every night, vs. the caesar salad every day on the new menu. :rolleyes:Those salads were a highlight of the meal. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought there was only one formal night on a 5 day cruise with RCCL. In the past, they have always had lobster and prime rib on that night. Was lobster offered (not the one you have to pay for) on another evening?

We had one formal night and it was on night 2 (sea day) no lobster.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for sharing.

Flow rider was open each day for many hours, lines weren't terribly long maybe 20 mins max.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day 4 was Cozumel we booked a private jeep tour with CozumelCruiseExcursions.net. $69/Adult, $55/child. It was a nice 5.5 hour tour of the island and we saw many things we hadn't previously seen while visiting the island, Mayan ruins, ecological park, blow holes, Caribbean sea (wild side). The guide was born and raised on the island and a wealth of knowledge. Best part was it was just us and the guide, and we could customize the trip any way we wanted.

We've been to Cozumel 5 times, thanks for a new idea.

My kids are interested in the ice skating. Do you remember the hours and days for ice skating?

This was mentioned above in the first post -

Day 2 was a sea day and we did all the activities (flowrider, rock climbing, mini golf, pool time). Please note there was open ice skating this afternoon from 2-4pm, in 30 minute sessions. We arrived at 2:25pm wanting to skate but were told all the sessions for that day were full. We assumed there would be more open skate times on another day but were disappointed to see there was not. So just a heads up for those wanting to ice skate, get there early, or you may miss out like we did.

My sister was on this cruise too. They said something about a fire at the terminal causing a HUGE delay getting off the ship

We were on this cruise and word was that someone pulled the fire alarm. No fire actually. It did put a STOP on the line moving for about 45 minutes.

My kids are interested in the ice skating. Do you remember the hours and days for ice skating?

According to the compass I brought home, ice skating was available on day 2 from 11 am till 1 pm and again from 2 till 4pm, Day three from 5pm till 7 pm and day four from 5pm till 7pm