Viking Sea - Expected shows/entertainment

Sir Jigster

Good afternoon fellow cruisers,

I am due to set sail on the 07/03/18 from San Juan for an 11 day Caribbean cruise. I'm a first time cruiser and happily aware that Viking's Sea ship isn't really about entertainment. That being said I was wondering if anyone recently has done this trip and wanted to know if there was daily evening entertainment and what to expect?

also do they offer the movies under the stars on board?

Many thanks

ABBA, Beatles, Ratpack, Opera under the stars, moviesunder the stars. In the lounges and bars, the pianist, the guitarist and the classical trio rotate among the venues from 5pm until midnight providing a combination of background and dance music.

You’re a wealth of knowledge thank you!

Do they also have Lectures throughout the day and evening also or just the day?

Kind regards

This is from our Viking Daily on one of the evenings on our Empires of the Mediterranean cruise last spring. I know you were asking about a different itinerary, but I would assume things would be similar.

6:00 PM Roundtable Discussion with Dr. Feneela Bazin: "The Ospedale of Venice - Musical Solutions to Social Problems - Torshaven

6:00 - 6:45 Munch Moments: Resident Pianist Grego presents traditional Norwegian music while Munch's works related to oceans and travel grace the Atrium screen.

6:45 Port Talk Koper: Discover the heritage, culture and history of Koper, Slovenia. Star Theater

7:00 - 7:45 PM Musical Interlude Classical Trio - Atrium

8:00 -8:45 PM Classical Melodies Resident Guitarist Enrico - Atrium

8:00 - 10:30 PM Metropolitan Opera's La Boheme - Star Theater

8:15 - 9:00 PM Explorers' Ivories Resident Pianist Grego - Explorere's Lounge

8:30 - 9:10 PM Pre-show Dancing with the Viking band, Oases - Pool Deck

9:00 - 9:45 PM After Dinner Moods Classical Trio - Atrium

9:15 Viking Singers present: The Long and Winding Road (Beatles tribute) Pool Deck

10:00-10:45 PM Piano Melodies - Atrium

10:00 - 11:00 PM Dancing under the Stars Viking Band - Pool Deck

11:00 - 11:45 PM Classical Sounds Classical Trio - Atrium

11:00 -11:45 PM Guitar Serenade - Torshaven

The lectures and the port talk are usually available on the TV after the original presentation. As I flipped through other Viking Dailies, I did see lectures as late as 9:15. Sometimes there were movies shown under the stars on the Pool Deck. I think I saw at least four different cabarets/shows. There were also tastings in the bar: whiskey one night, martinis another time, and armagnac another.

Looking this up for you was worthwhile. I found we missed a lot on our cruise!

Edited by lackcreativity

This is from our Viking Daily on one of the evenings on our Empires of the Mediterranean cruise last spring. I know you were asking about a different itinerary, but I would assume things would be similar.

6:00 PM Roundtable Discussion with Dr. Feneela Bazin: "The Ospedale of Venice - Musical Solutions to Social Problems - Torshaven

6:00 - 6:45 Munch Moments: Resident Pianist Grego presents traditional Norwegian music while Munch's works related to oceans and travel grace the Atrium screen.

6:45 Port Talk Koper: Discover the heritage, culture and history of Koper, Slovenia. Star Theater

7:00 - 7:45 PM Musical Interlude Classical Trio - Atrium

8:00 -8:45 PM Classical Melodies Resident Guitarist Enrico - Atrium

8:00 - 10:30 PM Metropolitan Opera's La Boheme - Star Theater

8:15 - 9:00 PM Explorers' Ivories Resident Pianist Grego - Explorere's Lounge

8:30 - 9:10 PM Pre-show Dancing with the Viking band, Oases - Pool Deck

9:00 - 9:45 PM After Dinner Moods Classical Trio - Atrium

9:15 Viking Singers present: The Long and Winding Road (Beatles tribute) Pool Deck

10:00-10:45 PM Piano Melodies - Atrium

10:00 - 11:00 PM Dancing under the Stars Viking Band - Pool Deck

11:00 - 11:45 PM Classical Sounds Classical Trio - Atrium

11:00 -11:45 PM Guitar Serenade - Torshaven

The lectures and the port talk are usually available on the TV after the original presentation. As I flipped through other Viking Dailies, I did see lectures as late as 9:15. Sometimes there were movies shown under the stars on the Pool Deck. I think I saw at least four different cabarets/shows. There were also tastings in the bar: whiskey one night, martinis another time, and armagnac another.

Looking this up for you was worthwhile. I found we missed a lot on our cruise!

Excellent info, thanks so much for you efforts!

• 1 year later...

Neophytes..........

Viking Jupiter, 21 nights Barcelona to Buenos Aires will be our first Viking cruise. We want to get in the right mind set by being as prepared as possible for the cruise. Would it be possible for you to Dropbox/email a few Viking Daily News activity sheets particularly sea days so that we know ahead of time the what/the where/the when of life onboard. Thanks, Keith

tmtimtm@yahoo.com

Keith - I recall 8 - 12 months ago, somebody posted a copy of each daily from what might have been a Viking Homelands cruise. Using the search feature might assist finding the post.

On the two cruises I have done with Viking, we had a guest entertainer that came on during the cruise and did two different shows.  On the second there were 2 entertaners that came on and did 3 different shows,  Now this is beside the regular entertainment and in some ports they bring on local entertainment

30 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

On the two cruises I have done with Viking, we had a guest entertainer that came on during the cruise and did two different shows.  On the second there were 2 entertaners that came on and did 3 different shows,  Now this is beside the regular entertainment and in some ports they bring on local entertainment

For local entertainment, I love the Opera show they do in Rome. We have seen it twice now, same jokes both times, but they have lovely voices and are a joy to listen to.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:22 PM, tmtimtm said:

Neophytes..........

Viking Jupiter, 21 nights Barcelona to Buenos Aires will be our first Viking cruise. We want to get in the right mind set by being as prepared as possible for the cruise. Would it be possible for you to Dropbox/email a few Viking Daily News activity sheets particularly sea days so that we know ahead of time the what/the where/the when of life onboard. Thanks, Keith

tmtimtm@yahoo.com

This is a good question and I would suggest that you might get more replies if you start a new thread.