Hump cabin selection - 1229 vs 1134

HBJD

I assume you are talking about the Reflection, right?

You are correct, both have the "smaller" of the very large hump balconies. Also, they both have the bed by the bath.

There are some differences - one is on the port side, one is on starboard. This might be a factor for you on a TA, and depending on the direction.

From one balcony, your view will be toward the aft, from the other, it will be forward.

What matters to you?

I assume you are talking about the Reflection, right?

You are correct, both have the "smaller" of the very large hump balconies. Also, they both have the bed by the bath.

There are some differences - one is on the port side, one is on starboard. This might be a factor for you on a TA, and depending on the direction.

From one balcony, your view will be toward the aft, from the other, it will be forward.

What matters to you?

Yes, I am referring to the Reflection. I wanted to confirm that both had the smaller hump balconies, and if there were any other considerations I should be cognizant of. Your insight is helpful and much appreciated.

I would go for 1134. The cabin is the same, but I think 1134 balcony is a little larger than 1229. 1229 is the smallest angle balcony and 1134 is 2nd to the largest. Also 1134 will have less wind as you are looking aft and 1229 is looking forward. I have not stayed in these cabins. We do like the Solstice ship angle cabins on deck 12 and prefer our cabins center aft.

I would go for 1134. The cabin is the same, but I think 1134 balcony is a little larger than 1229. 1229 is the smallest angle balcony and 1134 is 2nd to the largest. Also 1134 will have less wind as you are looking aft and 1229 is looking forward. I have not stayed in these cabins. We do like the Solstice ship angle cabins on deck 12 and prefer our cabins center aft.

If I am mistaken in saying the balconies are the same size, I would certainly welcome the correction. Could you please explain the basis for your statement that 1134 is larger?

For the balcony cabins on the angle of the hump, the balconies are largest in the cabins that are the first and third from the straight part of the hump. The cabins that are second (e.g., 1134) and fourth (e.g., 1229) from the straight part of the hump have balconies that are smaller than the other two, but still larger than the other balconies that are not on the angle of the hump. (There are just two larger sizes of balconies -- 1st and 3d off the straight part of the hump being the largest, and 2d and 4th being a little bit smaller, but still oversized for their class.)

Both staterooms are exactly the same -- bed by bath and smaller of the two sized large balconies. It all depends if you want to be looking forward (1129) or aft (1134). I prefer looking forward, so I would choose 1129.