Transportation to bush gardens with no car

Canadianmama3

Asking for a coworker who is going on a cruise out of Tampa in a few weeks. Their flight home is the day after their cruise returns so they are spending a day in Tampa.

She is considering going to bush gardens during the day, but wanted to avoid a car rental. Are there any transportation options to get them to bush gardens? Like some sort of shuttle or something. They were planning at staying at a hotel downtown Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From the port or nearby Channelside hotels an Uber to Busch Gardens will be about $20 - so about $40 r/t from their hotel after they drop off bags. I'd have your friends take another look at renting a car for the day -- put the bags in the trunk and then go enjoy the roller coasters. :D

From the port or nearby Channelside hotels an Uber to Busch Gardens will be about $20 - so about $40 r/t from their hotel after they drop off bags. I'd have your friends take another look at renting a car for the day -- put the bags in the trunk and then go enjoy the roller coasters. :D

They considered renting a car. But I guess the rental prices are looking like $75 for the time from when they would get off the ship until they leave the next day (they need a full-size). They would also then have to pay for parking at the hotel. So they were wondering about different options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Parking at Busch Gardens was $17 the last time I was there over a year ago. Has probably gone up. I’d suggest Uber/Lyft or cab or see if their hotel has a shuttle. BG is a neat place and perfect for one day.