AARP Gift Card

Lamar20

Wow, this scares me. I've been buying cards but I don't want to use them for final payment, cheers, excursion until months from now, close to final payment date. (Just in case something happens and I don't want to deal with a refund situation)

The supervisor I talked to was stumped, and he finally helped me to get it resolved. I will be purchasing AAPR Carnival cards in the future as I need them due to the fact that it did get resolved and I have had great success in the past as well as others here.

• 3 weeks later...
Made a payment towards our cruise using AARP gift card. How long before it is posted lowering the total amount left on your cruise?

Just used AARP gift cards this weekend, we purchase 4 and had to call Carnival to validate, make sure you save the card number and pin. :cool:

Just used AARP gift cards this weekend, we purchase 4 and had to call Carnival to validate, make sure you save the card number and pin. :cool:

What did you have to call for? I've never heard of this. I've used gift cards dozens of times and have read numerous posts on here regarding them, and have never heard of this. Was your gift card declined when checking out from your online payment, or.....?

It's been a long time, but I remember reading a couple instances on here where people said they had to have their cards re-validated. But if I remember correctly, that was because they had their cards, and didn't use them, for a very long time. They're not supposed to expire, but I think they said Carnival told them if they go unused for a long time, on occasion they had to be re-validated. But that wouldn't explain it happening to someone who just bought them. :confused:

Random question - are the gift cards always available on the AARP site or are they a short time when they are available offer?

Thanks!

--Shauna

In the past, they sold out regularly. Maybe within days or a week, and it'd be at least a week or two before more became available. People would post on the main AARP thread when they had more. But lately, at least within the last couple months, they've been available all the time. We bought several in the latter half of March and they had been available for quite some time before then. And they've been available ever since. So it just depends on demand. With warmer months here, demand might increase.