Help Needed Planning the perfect day with Victor Bodden

4olivers

We thought we had made our minds up to spend our day at Little French Key while on our cruise in early May but after reading all of the posts about Victor Bodden, I think we are changing our minds. My husband, myself and our two teenage sons will be in Roatan from

8-6 and are trying to figure out how to plan our day.

Monkeys! Yes

Snorkeling! Yes

Good Food! Yes

What else?

Open to suggestions and tips! And how do we reserve?

You reserve through their website: http://www.boddentours.com/

You want the "Best of Roatan" private tour, which basically is open to anything you want to do. You can see several of the various options on the webpage for that tour. They are great about answering any questions and making suggestions via email before you go and your driver will also be a good source of advice and suggestions when you tell them what all you would like to see/do.

The first stop will be at Victor's house/business to pay. This is also where the monkeys are ($5pp) if you want to do that. For snorkeling I suggest the West Bay beach area. The reef is close to the shore and easy to get too. Your driver can get you in to one of several beach clubs (Beachers, Banarama, Paradise Beach) for $10 if you want use of facilities, pool, lounge chairs etc. They all have restaurants or you could get your driver to take you somewhere else if you want a more local flavor.

Your family will love it. My daughters were 18 and 16 when we went and it has been their favorite excursion ever.

Not sure if you've 100% decided on Bodden. We LOVE Rony of Ronystours.com. We have toured with him 8 times. With 2 teens, you could add a brief stop in Rony's village. He comes from a small, very poor town. Just a suggestion: Your boys could each take a soccer ball and give it directly to boys their age in the town. This could had a meaningful memory to your visit. I know this is not for everyone. We take suitcases full of school supplies each time we visit. The children are so precious and extremely appreciative for any gift.

• 2 weeks later...
You reserve through their website: http://www.boddentours.com/

You want the "Best of Roatan" private tour, which basically is open to anything you want to do. You can see several of the various options on the webpage for that tour. They are great about answering any questions and making suggestions via email before you go and your driver will also be a good source of advice and suggestions when you tell them what all you would like to see/do.

The first stop will be at Victor's house/business to pay. This is also where the monkeys are ($5pp) if you want to do that. For snorkeling I suggest the West Bay beach area. The reef is close to the shore and easy to get too. Your driver can get you in to one of several beach clubs (Beachers, Banarama, Paradise Beach) for $10 if you want use of facilities, pool, lounge chairs etc. They all have restaurants or you could get your driver to take you somewhere else if you want a more local flavor.

Your family will love it. My daughters were 18 and 16 when we went and it has been their favorite excursion ever.

We are booked for this one!! Thanks so much for the tips!

Did you snorkel from the beach here or take a boat?