New to NCL - Questions about the Epic

Biris

Hi all,

I'm new to NCL, and will be on the Epic for our first Mediterranean trip as well. I've been lurking around here for months, and yet still have a few questions of my own.

1. Now that I booked the shows, please let me know what to expect (when to show up or if we need to present proof of reservation etc...)

2. If we can't make to the show or dinner, do we have to cancel?

3. At the Port of Barcelona, do we just drop of our luggage first and then get in line to check in? How far is the walk?

4. How is the temperature at restaurants and public area etc... (do they keep it cold?).

TIA

I can answer some of your questions...I'm sure others will come along shortly with the others.

I would show up about 15 minutes early for shows. I think they scan keycard.

Temperature for me was fine but I was on a Caribbean cruise so your experience may be different.

"2. If we can't make to the show or dinner, do we have to cancel?"

Common courtesy would say it is best to make a quick call and cancel so that other people will have opportunities to use the facilities.

Enjoy your cruise, it's a fun ship.

Hi all,

I'm new to NCL, and will be on the Epic for our first Mediterranean trip as well. I've been lurking around here for months, and yet still have a few questions of my own.

1. Now that I booked the shows, please let me know what to expect (when to show up or if we need to present proof of reservation etc...)

3. At the Port of Barcelona, do we just drop of our luggage first and then get in line to check in? How far is the walk?

4. How is the temperature at restaurants and public area etc... (do they keep it cold?).

TIA

1) "Reservations" just mean that you'll get in. If you want a good seat, get there a bit early. You scan your ship card at the entrance (our experience has been, for some reason, if you have a mixed group of people who reserved and people who didn't, if the people who reserved get scanned first, they let everyone in.) If you show up right before the show starts, look for open seats up front -- they block out the first couple of rows for Haven people, shortly before the curtain drops, they take away the ropes and anyone can sit there

2) Though it would be courteous to do so, no you don't have to, and there's absolutely no reason to cancel your show reservations.

3) Drop the luggage you don't want to carry on, then go to check in

4) Our experience (which has solely been in the Caribbean,) is that they keep things at a fairly moderate temperature. My wife is notorious for always being cold in restaurants and theaters here in Florida, and she's rarely cold on an NCL cruise ship

Thank you, adjensen, ColinIllinois, and cml4958 for your quick replies.

I’m always cold at restaurants or movie theaters on land or ships sailing to the Caribbean. I’m afraid that the temperature might be kept even colder for European cruisers, but I don’t recall reading any reviews that mentioned about this.

Thank you, adjensen, ColinIllinois, and cml4958 for your quick replies.

I’m always cold at restaurants or movie theaters on land or ships sailing to the Caribbean. I’m afraid that the temperature might be kept even colder for European cruisers, but I don’t recall reading any reviews that mentioned about this.

Been on Epic many times in Europe. The only cold time was in the main dining room once so do not worry.

If you have a pay restaurant reservation you need to cancel it in advance and this goes for any pay shows or you will be charged.

You may want to bring a sweater with you for shows. Both shows I went to, was quite chilly in the theatre. I only found once that i was chilly in Manhattan main dining room.

Hi all,

TIA

I've sailed Epic out of Barcelona. Was also my first on NCL.

1. They'll scan your key card on entry. Your booking details will be stored. I turned up about half an hour before showtime and relaxed with a drink from the bar in the theatre. There's service so you don't need to leave you're seat.

2. If you've pre-paid then yes. If not then you don't have to but common courtesy would say yes to allow other passengers the opportunity to book.

3. Luggage drop is a short walk from taxi/bus drop off. Drop off your luggage then find the check in line which is right next to luggage drop. My experience at Barcelona suggests a very efficient embarkation setup. Same for return to port.

4. I found the temperature perfect but I'm from the UK and don't like things too warm!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Doors open about 45 minutes to show time. Show up about 30 minutes for the best seats. If the show is sold out, reservations are released (cancelled) 10 minutes to show time and stand-by guests are allowed to enter.

Just like being at home, try to cancel dinner reservations. Show reservations are automatically cancelled 10 minutes to show time (per #1 above).

Barcelona is just like any US port. Drop your bags at the curb with the porters and proceed in to security and check-in.

Air conditioners are always blowing to keep the ship at a cool temperature. There is always the potential to get into a drafty area. If you get chilled, carry a sweater with you.

TIA

The Epic is a wonderful ship (we have sailed on her many times) and the Med itinerary is magical!