Transfers or private van service

Sea and Me

We are a family of 12 that will cruise on the Miracle in July out of Tampa. I am wondering if it would be better to get transfers to the ship or a private van service. Our TA suggested private service but I am thinking that we would have to have 2 separate vans. Would it be better to be all together on the bus seeing that we will have a lot of luggage? What are your thoughts?

Thanks and have a nice day.

We've been there and done that in San Juan and Miami. We always opt for a private service. I've always used Google and found several companies that can provide the service you need. The only time we needed 2 vehicles was in San Juan -- we had 18 people including one in a wheelchair. You can usually find a service with a Sprinter van or minibus that will accommodate all 12 of you and your luggage.

Our first cruise we did the Carnival transfers. Personally, we would never do them again. Getting off of the ship, 400 people tried to get on the one bus that was there. People were shoving and very rude. At the airport to the ships, the bus will wait until it's full. Sometimes they wait for another plane to land before it will pull out. In the long run, it's better to take your TA's advice and get a private firm to transport you. There are many out there that have either mini buses or stretch limos.

We had a stretch limo in NOLA with twelve people and all of our luggage plus a wheelchair. The wheelchair was tied on to the trunk lid with a rope. We all joked that we looked like the Clampets meet NOLA.