CC parties...were you notified?

Cindy G

Hi Nilla, It is a "Cruise Connections Party" (or gathering) that Celebrity

offers to those folks who chat on here.

Over on the "Roll Call" boards are listings of different sailings.

If you have 25 people who sign up for a sailing the ship will have

something for you so you can meet the people who you have been

chatting with on this site.

The 25 is a minimum and the sign up portion needs to be done

within 3 days prior to your cruise.

Some Roll Calls have tons and tons of people chatting while others

not so many.

It is a nice way to get to know other folks on your sailing.

Cindy,

I'm not so sure they don't like us. Part of it could be that they set these parties up on almost every cruise and lots of the parties have very poor attendance.

JMO. I think if we supported the parties more we would see better attitudes from X.

Tuggers, I think you hit the nail on the head. We had 85 people sign up for the CC party on our Horizon cruise but only about 30% actually showed up.

I was talking to some of the women who staffed the shops on board Horizon about our CC party. They said that it was very unusual for Celebrity to cater to people like that on a regular basis and because of that these women had incorrectly concluded that we CCers were VIPs, professional critics, that sort of thing!

Thanks, Laura, I tried to email them as well and the message bounced. I've been to CC parties on all Celebrity cruises and really enjoy meeting the folks with whom I've chatted and planned shore excursions - sometimes for months. Sometimes the invites come and the party is well attended. Other times (like the two I previously posted) the invites don't come, attendence is poor, and Guest Relations and whomever is supposed to be the CC host (on the Millie, we never did find out whom it was) are unconcerned. On my last two cruises, I was told that 'Miami' never sent the list (even though we had all received emails telling us that the party was on and I brought it and showed it onboard).

This is such a good opportunity for Celebrity to get positive PR. Almost all of my last group (I arranged a sailaway party from Venice for us, so had a complete list which I shared with Guest Relations) are Captain's Club members and Celebrity fans. Seems to me that these are the folks you'd want to keep happy and coming back.

Would love to help problem solve this issue. If anyone from Celebrity would like to get together a focus group, I'm volunteering. Currently booked on the Mercury to Alaska in July - sure hope there's a CC party on that ship as we'll have our married children with us on their first Celebrity cruise and I've told them all about the fun that we have.

One final note from me and then I'm off at 6 am for my flight to FLL and Sea Princess with an Opera as a follow up. Sort of a two cruise line b2b!:D

While I agree that you can't go to a party if you aren't notified, I'm willing to take the responsibility on myself to find out when the party is. I tell everyone on all the roll calls I do, if your invite is not in your room when you return from dinner, start asking. First I call some fellow cc'ers (I print off and bring a list w/cabin numbers from the roll call. Someone on their will usually put one together if you ask for volunteers.). If that doesn't work, I start with Guest Relations, then the Event Coordinator and finally, the Cruise Director. I find my answer.

See, I like the parties and I know that most of the time they are on the first sea day between 10 am and 11 am. And I don't want to miss out. I'm willing to put myself out a little to accomplish that.

So let's all work together and try to find out when the parties are and GO! It really is fun to put a face to those names!

Off my soapbox now and back to packing!

Archived