Teenager dress code

Cruiseaptp

He might be sent to his room to put on pants. We had a teen boy with our group on the Radiance and he was sent back to the room to change out of his sleeveless t shirt on a casual night. It wasn’t an undershirt. They turned him around at the door. They did not, however, say anything to Grandpa for wearing his bright red political baseball cap to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can a boy teenager wear dress shorts to DInner in MDR on Seaside?

"Dress shorts" You can lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

Put pants on or go to the buffet.

There is no enforcement of any dress code that is suggested on any cruise line anymore! This applies to MSC, RCI, Princess, NCL, Celebrity, etc. All these cruise lines have gone to whatever.

We have been on all of them within the past 12 months and have seen even during Formal/Gala/Chick nites people wearing whatever they want and getting into the MDR.

Do we agree with that? We like to dress up and we do. So, wear what you think you can get away with. When and if you get into the MDR, your OK. If they send you back to the cabin, change or go to the Buffet.

Happy Cruising!!!!

"Dress shorts" You can lipstick on a pig it's still a pig.

Put pants on or go to the buffet.

Never seen a PIG on a cruise! Even one with lipstick! LOL!!!!

Never seen a pig in pants either??????

IMO....Common courtesy would be to to suggest and provide feedback on what you've seen.....Its not OK to lecture and tell someone what to do in scolding manner.

IMO...they asked, I gave. Don't like don't ask.

IMO....Common courtesy would be to to suggest and provide feedback on what you've seen.....Its not OK to lecture and tell someone what to do in scolding manner.

They knew it was wrong so they thought if they said "dress" it would make it ok. It doesn't.

Is it that hard to get your kids to wear something nicer dinner?

We were traveling with 4 kids between the ages of 5-9 and none of them had issues wearing some nice pants and a collared shirt or dresses to dinner.

MSC staffers seemed not to care about what people wore anywhere. There was a sign on the back of the room door that explained what was not allowed in public areas after 6 PM. Shorts were included on the disallowed list, but the clothing police did not show up. It was prior to 6, but there was a large guy on deck wearing a tiny thong speedo. He might as well have been totally nude. Let that teen wear nice dress shorts, but warn him that he might be sent to the room to change. Or carry some rolled up pants in your bag so he could dash to the bathroom to change if need be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow! Now I have a very small understanding how kids/teenagers feel being bullied on social media.

Maybe my question was not as detailed as it should have been.

My son will not wear white pants to white out night but he will wear white dress shorts with a white shirt. Yes he could wear something else and change out later. That is why I asked my original question.

Thank you for those that have been on the Seaside and have seen what

others have been wearing! Thank you

In december my 24 year old son when he came to the MDR in khaki shorts and a collared shirt was turned away on HAL. Half of the gramps were wearing ill fitting jeans and tight polo shirts.

Wow! Now I have a very small understanding how kids/teenagers feel being bullied on social media

This is why I hate posting questions. Becuase you will probably be mocked/laughed at/ or bullied.

We know where kids are getting it from! I wish people would go by the old saying “if you don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all!” I don’t see why being mean and rude is warranted?!