How does MSC assign MDR Tables for Dinner

Aulanis

This has been asked before but wondering if anything has changed/ what is the recent experience.

On our last MSC cruise we (a couple ) were seated

together for the 14 days on a table for 2.

Whilst we appreciate that some would love that, for us, one of the things we enjoy is meeting other people.

We can sit and talk to each other (or not- LOL!) at home.

On our next cruise 24 Days!!!! there are people we have met on previous cruises and would like to join them for dinner - is it possible to arrange that in advance or is it only possible by lining up to see the

maitre d'. Also there are a band of around 12 of us on first sitting on our roll call, could we for instance get 2 tables for six and swap around.

I am going to copy this and ask MSC UK but I am always uneasy about anything they say.:evilsmile:

I am sure it's possible.

In any case, you can link your cabins so that the cruise line knows you're traveling together.

Then, I would go to the MDR after you board and ask for the "revolving seats." I can't see why they wouldn't be able to accommodate your request.

This has been asked before but wondering if anything has changed/ what is the recent experience.

On our last MSC cruise we (a couple ) were seated

together for the 14 days on a table for 2.

Whilst we appreciate that some would love that, for us, one of the things we enjoy is meeting other people.

We can sit and talk to each other (or not- LOL!) at home.

On our next cruise 24 Days!!!! there are people we have met on previous cruises and would like to join them for dinner - is it possible to arrange that in advance or is it only possible by lining up to see the

maitre d'. Also there are a band of around 12 of us on first sitting on our roll call, could we for instance get 2 tables for six and swap around.

I am going to copy this and ask MSC UK but I am always uneasy about anything they say.:evilsmile:

You can call MSC or ask your agent to do so and link your cabins for dinner. Or just come on first day and ask . I am sure will be no problem to go to big table. Usually people ask for small table.

You can call MSC or ask your agent to do so and link your cabins for dinner. Or just come on first day and ask . I am sure will be no problem to go to big table. Usually people ask for small table.

Do this in advance.

Your MDR table and restaurant shows up on your cruise card. You don't want to deal with this when you board.

In this subject we are first time MSC cruisers and travelling with friends in April aboard Musica. We are linked for dining and second sitting. Do we get allocated to a specific dining room?

In this subject we are first time MSC cruisers and travelling with friends in April aboard Musica. We are linked for dining and second sitting. Do we get allocated to a specific dining room?

Yes. Check your cruisecards with those of your friends at embarkation to ensure that you've been assigned the same table, dining time and MDR. If they differ, you'll need to go and see the m'D - he sets up a time in one of the MDRs on embarkation day to deal with issues.