Seaside Specialty Restaurants - a few questions

whattodo

I have called MSC twice about specific rules of specialty dining but received difference answers and was also told to find out on board ship. You all are more knowledgeable than some of their reps, please chime in. Thank you! :)

1. Does everyone in the room have to pre-purchase the same plan? For example, can one of us get Trio Dining Experience $89 and the other person get the Discover Roy's Cuisine $65? We will still dine together, one of us will have option to choose something from ala carte menu and pay with on board credit.

2. Ocean Cay Seafood Fest pre-puchase $40, it's description states '... a three-courses dinner to choose from the a la carte menu...." - is this pre-paid plan the same one as the menu's $50 Dining Experience when purchased on board? I don't see a separate limited menu, can we choose anything from ala carte list?

3. Can we share food with someone not on the pre-purchased plan? This will most likely happen at Roy's Sushi when we go there for light meal.

4. Can we cancel or change pre-paid dining or spa package to receive full refund before sailing date? I prefer to get them now when these plans are still available.

I have called MSC twice about specific rules of specialty dining but received difference answers and was also told to find out on board ship. You all are more knowledgeable than some of their reps, please chime in. Thank you! :)

1. Does everyone in the room have to pre-purchase the same plan? For example, can one of us get Trio Dining Experience $89 and the other person get the Discover Roy's Cuisine $65? We will still dine together, one of us will have option to choose something from ala carte menu and pay with on board credit.

You can each purchase whatever plan you want. It seemed with all of the specialty restaurants, you were able to substitute an item from the ala carte menu for one on the "Experience Menu" for 50% of the ala cart price.

When you show up at the restaurant just tell them what plan you bought and they will apply it appropriately. Some will let you substitue a few of the apps instead of getting a dessert.

2. Ocean Cay Seafood Fest pre-puchase $40, it's description states '... a three-courses dinner to choose from the a la carte menu...." - is this pre-paid plan the same one as the menu's $50 Dining Experience when purchased on board? I don't see a separate limited menu, can we choose anything from ala carte list?

You can purchase from all parts of the menu with the exception of two entrees (the pricier ones), unless you want to pay extra for those items.

3. Can we share food with someone not on the pre-purchased plan? This will most likely happen at Roy's Sushi when we go there for light meal.

I don't know.

4. Can we cancel or change pre-paid dining or spa package to receive full refund before sailing date? I prefer to get them now when these plans are still available.

Sorry, don't know this either, but I would imagine you could do so.

My answers are in red.