Question about Priority

spotter27

Hello I have priority it says on my luggage tags. Does this mean I will

Receive my luggage early? I know I can get on the boat early . Just wondering what

The perks are? Thanks

Doesn't make a difference. You will have a better chance of getting it early...but no guarantee. I've been on cruises where the luggage was waiting after I got back from lunch and I have been on cruises (like the most recent one) where my luggage wasn't delivered until after muster...close to 4:30. I am Platinum and we are always one of the first groups on ship

Doesn't make a difference. You will have a better chance of getting it early...but no guarantee. I've been on cruises where the luggage was waiting after I got back from lunch and I have been on cruises (like the most recent one) where my luggage wasn't delivered until after muster...close to 4:30. I am Platinum and we are always one of the first groups on ship

we are also plat.and the last two cruises, we got ours right before dinner.

How does one get

Priority

?

To become Cruise status of Platinum or above (minimum total of 75 cruise days) , book a suite, or purchase FTTF (faster to the fun)which is $69.95 per cabin. FYI.... for 4-5 day cruises I believe its $49.95. FTTF is limited....meaning you just can't purchase. They allocate a certain number for each cruise.

Actually Suites don't get Priority luggage delivery. It appears they have fixed the issue that caused the luggage tags to incorrectly print Priority on them. So you will need to be Diamond, Platinum, or have FTTF.

Thanks...I just read somewhere that Suite passengers get priority boarding...Actually it was on Carnival where it said "deluxe suite" passengers get priority boarding???? So what gives??? LOL See below...

Carnival’s Priority Check-in is an exclusive service designed to afford our VIFP Platinum and Diamond guests, and those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations, with special embarkation and debarkation privileges. The guest's boarding pass will be stamped PRIORITY for terminal and Captain’s Lounge* access.

Thanks...I just read somewhere that Suite passengers get priority boarding...This has been an on/off again topic for discussion recently.

Suite passengers have always gotten Priority boarding. That shouldn’t be up for discussion. What has recently been talked about at least that I have seen is the luggage. The tags used to say it yet it was never listed as a perk. Carnival finally corrected the tags printing incorrectly.

Another hotly contested perk was whether or not Suites had early access to their cabin which again, they never did despite people claiming was the case. It doesn’t matter what they were told by whom, or what their experience was, it was never a perk. Now that discussion got quite heated and rather nasty towards me personally so I took it upon myself to write to Carnival for clarification and I was right. I hope they educated their staff both in the call centers and “specialty” desks as well as the port workers who were giving false info.

How does one get

Priority

?

If you book a suite, you've paid lots of money so get the privilege of boarding in first group.

If you're Platinum or Diamond, you have sailed many, many times and the # of days sailed qualifies you to board in 1st group.

Or you can take the easy way out and PAY for the privilege of boarding after weddings, platinum & diamond.

Suite passengers have always gotten Priority boarding. That shouldn’t be up for discussion. What has recently been talked about at least that I have seen is the luggage. The tags used to say it yet it was never listed as a perk. Carnival finally corrected the tags printing incorrectly.

Another hotly contested perk was whether or not Suites had early access to their cabin which again, they never did despite people claiming was the case. It doesn’t matter what they were told by whom, or what their experience was, it was never a perk. Now that discussion got quite heated and rather nasty towards me personally so I took it upon myself to write to Carnival for clarification and I was right. I hope they educated their staff both in the call centers and “specialty” desks as well as the port workers who were giving false info.

Thank you....I now remember your responses. Thanks for clarifying!!!

We have been diamond for past 8 or so cruises and seem to be getting luggage later than when they said early delivery for plats and diamonds

Maybe now that they don't have the Suites in the mix it will mean faster delivery for people who are supposed to be getting expedited delivery. Time will tell I suppose.