iConcierge vs Social Media package

ksmcdonald

Does the iConcierge texting ability still cost $7.95? With the new Social Media app, isn't it better to pay the $12.95 and message people on the ship through Facebook Messenger? I heard the iConcierge app had to be open to get text, that there was not notification with the app closed if someone is trying to text you. With Facebook Messenger, I can have my phone vibrate or ding if someone is trying to text me. Also Messenger will allow family at home to text me where iConcierge will only allow people on the ship to text. Am I correct in this? For five more dollars, you can then contact people from home and use your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat apps.

Iconcierge was $9.99 last time we paid it. It seems to vary a little bit by ship.

I haven’t looked at the new packages, but I assume the charge for the social media plan is per day isn’t it? Whereas iconcierge covers the entire cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.ncl.com/apps

"all-new Cruise Norwegian mobile app"

Introducing the all-new Cruise Norwegian app. Think of it as your new travel companion, helping you experience an unforgettable cruise vacation every step of the way from the time you book to your last day on board. The app is currently available on Norwegian Sky. Coming soon to Norwegian Bliss.

Is this what you mean by social media app? Or something different?

The social media package is 12.95 per day per device and gives you access to Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter. Facebook messenger and iMessage also works with it.

iConcierge will let you do some basic things like booking shows and dinners, review your account and see some of the activities of the day for free. You can upgrade it for $8-10 for the entire cruse to use the built in texting to others that have also upgraded it. The app itself doesn’t give you notifications for incoming texts or for upcoming booked event reminders. Two things that would make it much better and would not be very difficult to program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does the iConcierge texting ability still cost $7.95? With the new Social Media app, isn't it better to pay the $12.95 and message people on the ship through Facebook Messenger? I heard the iConcierge app had to be open to get text, that there was not notification with the app closed if someone is trying to text you. With Facebook Messenger, I can have my phone vibrate or ding if someone is trying to text me. Also Messenger will allow family at home to text me where iConcierge will only allow people on the ship to text. Am I correct in this? For five more dollars, you can then contact people from home and use your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SnapChat apps.

iConcierge costs $9.95 per device. It is only good for texting between other devices on the ship also running the iConcierge app, and for calling the cabin phones of your iConcierge contacts. You can also check your account, review reservations for dining and shore excursions. it does NOT require buying an internet package of any kind to use this app.

If you want to text, email, message, FB, stream, whatever, then you must buy some sort of internet package. We typically get unlimited minutes and just use FB messenger, both on the ship and for people ashore. It will also work with the packages of minutes below the unlimited minutes.

Beyond that, the top of the line Social Media package (or whatever it's called) allows streaming video to work, as well as everything else.

But again, you do not have to buy the top of the line package if all you want to use is FB Messenger.

Is this what you mean by social media app? Or something different?

No. The 3 tier Wi-Fi is being rolled out fleetwide (previously only on Escape and Getaway).

The Unlimited Social Media Wifi packagegives you access to majority of social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WeChat, etc.). The package allows you to view, post and upload videos on social media and also chat on all popular messenger platforms. Save up to 15% when you book online.

The Unlimited Wifi package gives you access to unlimited web surfing, email access, social media access, all apps. This package does not allow streaming. Save up to 15% when you book online.

The Unlimited Premium Wifi package gives you access to unlimited web surfing, email access, social media access, all apps. The package also gives you streaming options via YouTube, Neflix, Amazon Prime Video, Audible, Hulu etc. Save up to 15% when you book online.

Iconcierge was $9.99 last time we paid it. It seems to vary a little bit by ship.

I haven’t looked at the new packages, but I assume the charge for the social media plan is per day isn’t it? Whereas iconcierge covers the entire cruise.

Got it! I didn’t realize the iConcierge was a one time fee and not daily. Thanks for clearing that up.

The social media package is 12.95 per day per device and gives you access to Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter. Facebook messenger and iMessage also works with it.

iConcierge will let you do some basic things like booking shows and dinners, review your account and see some of the activities of the day for free. You can upgrade it for $8-10 for the entire cruse to use the built in texting to others that have also upgraded it. The app itself doesn’t give you notifications for incoming texts or for upcoming booked event reminders. Two things that would make it much better and would not be very difficult to program.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification!