(Another) Status Match question

mreic082

When you did the status math, were you automatically matched to the lowest point value for that status? For instance, if you matched gold, did you start with 4300 points? Hope that makes sense; thanks for your help!

I'm not sure my answer will be helpful but this is what happened to me. THey didn't look at all at the points, only at the loyalty level. I was Elite on Celebrity. I sent in the screen shot of my status level. I was "awarded" black card status. Points weren't actually looked at. Just your loyalty level.

When you did the status math, were you automatically matched to the lowest point value for that status? For instance, if you matched gold, did you start with 4300 points? Hope that makes sense; thanks for your help!

My friend was matched to silver at lowest level he has now progressed to gold after 2 trips so I think the answer is yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, you start off with the minimum number of points required to (normally) attain the level you're matched to. So for Classic, it's 1, (strange, though - it should really be 100 as you can't just get 1 point, or anything less than 100 - it's all in multiples of 100 - so what's the point? :confused:) for Silver, it's 2200, for Gold, it's 4300 (as you've stated) and for Black, it's 10000. You then accrue further points in the usual way to attain the next level, until the highest (Black, for now) is reached. After that, points still accrue (I currently have 30300 with another 3000 to be added after our upcoming cruise). Hopefully, MSC introduces another, higher tier, to give those who attain Black something to aim for.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Edited by Beamafar

Yes, you start off with the minimum number of points required to (normally) attain the level you're matched to. So for Classic, it's 1, (strange, though - it should really be 100 as you can't just get 1 point, or anything less than 100 - it's all in multiples of 100 - so what's the point? :confused:) for Silver, it's 2200, for Gold, it's 4300 (as you've stated) and for Black, it's 10000. You then accrue further points in the usual way to attain the next level, until the highest (Black, for now) is reached. After that, points still accrue (I currently have 30300 with another 3000 to be added after our upcoming cruise). Hopefully, MSC introduces another, higher tier, to give those who attain Black something to aim for.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Bea I have a question: I was status matched to gold and I show as having 4300 points, no problem there. My question is about when/how new points are awarded. I have booked a Fantastica experience for April 2019. I have pre-purchased spa & beverage packages, and cirque tickets. When do those points get added? Is is not until after the cruise? And then in addition, any monies spent on board are added as well?

Thanks!

Bea I have a question: I was status matched to gold and I show as having 4300 points, no problem there. My question is about when/how new points are awarded. I have booked a Fantastica experience for April 2019. I have pre-purchased spa & beverage packages, and cirque tickets. When do those points get added? Is is not until after the cruise? And then in addition, any monies spent on board are added as well?

Thanks!

For every $/€150 spend, you receive 100 points. So, every multiple of this will give the corresponding amount of points. This applies for pre-purchases as well as onboard spend. However, MSC does not add these together which can leave a lot of purchasing unaccounted for if either is short of the 150 amount, which is the downside of pre purchasing. For example, you could pre-purchase services to the value of, say, $290 and spend another, say, $310 onboard - a total of $600. You would only get 300 points in total. If all your purchases were made onboard, you would get 400 points for the same spend. Saying that, when you pre-purchase the drinks packages (and some other items) you avoid the 15% service charge that's added when purchased onboard. :rolleyes:

You also get points for the cruise itself. Points are added after your return from your cruise, with the allocated points for the cruise being added approx a week later and the points for spending, a little while after that again.

Either click the tab "How to collect points" or scroll down to the section on the following link:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

For every $/€150 spend, you receive 100 points. So, every multiple of this will give the corresponding amount of points. This applies for pre-purchases as well as onboard spend. However, MSC does not add these together which can leave a lot of purchasing unaccounted for if either is short of the 150 amount, which is the downside of pre purchasing. For example, you could pre-purchase services to the value of, say, $290 and spend another, say, $310 onboard - a total of $600. You would only get 300 points in total. If all your purchases were made onboard, you would get 400 points for the same spend. Saying that, when you pre-purchase the drinks packages (and some other items) you avoid the 15% service charge that's added when purchased onboard. :rolleyes:

You also get points for the cruise itself. Points are added after your return from your cruise, with the allocated points for the cruise being added approx a week later and the points for spending, a little while after that again.

Either click the tab "How to collect points" or scroll down to the section on the following link:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

Gotcha! Interesting about the difference in pre-pay vs onboard. But since I like to have everything paid for well in advance (as well as avoiding the 15%!) I will just have to suck up any point variances.

So both onboard and pre-spending are added after the cruise. Makes sense I guess...no need to award the points if I can still get a refund on the item.

Thank you so much for your help, I am really looking forward to our first MSC cruise!!

Gotcha! Interesting about the difference in pre-pay vs onboard. But since I like to have everything paid for well in advance (as well as avoiding the 15%!) I will just have to suck up any point variances.

So both onboard and pre-spending are added after the cruise. Makes sense I guess...no need to award the points if I can still get a refund on the item.

Thank you so much for your help, I am really looking forward to our first MSC cruise!!

Hope you have a fantastic time! :) Bit of a way to go, I know, but it'll come 'round quickly enough.

I'm glad someone asked this question. We are existing Voyager's club members (silver) but we would have higher equivalent status on other lines.

Can we still ask for a status match & how long does it stay live for?

We have an existing booking for March '19.

As an aside we last sailed with MSC March '14 our accounts are still live. On reading the small print I thought that you had to sail within three years to keep them?

As many of you (way more loyal than us) have said the points aren't worth much after the change to the current scheme, but we'll take what we can get!

Regards

Mark & Heather

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Forums mobile app

Once you’re status matched are you always that level or does it expire after a certain amount of time?

Interested as well. I was matched to Gold for my Diamond level Wyndham Rewards, but our cruise won’t be until later next year.

It expires after 3 years if you don't cruise with MSC within that timeframe.

When/if you do sail, your cruisecard becomes your membership card (as such) and is then valid from the disembarkation date shown on the card, for a further 3 years, unless you sail again within that time. Then the next cruisecard supersedes it, etc.

Mark & Heather ........ I'm not sure re your situation. I haven't heard, yet, of anyone whose points have zeroed out as a result of not sailing within the 3 years. I've read on here of other Voyagers Club members who have status-matched to higher tiers. You've nothing to lose by applying. I would contact the Club about your current status, though, if you're not sailing 'til 2019 and your last one was in 2014.

Hi Bea

Thanks for the reply. When I login to Voyager's my points expire 19th July '18, supposedly. A totally random date given our last sailing date.

Typical cruise line IT strikes again.

I'll keep an eye on our VC points, we are moving up a tier with Royal in November, I'll try status match then.

Regards

M&H

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Forums mobile app

Actually, the 19th July date is the anniversary of the introduction of Voyagers Club, when this new 3 year rule came into being, back in 2015. That's the reason your level will expire on that date.

I hope you do get to status-match later on in the year - there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to. Good luck!