Cruise ship brawl leaves passenger with horror facial injuries - and stuck in Vanuatu

On the other hand the article even states that his brother threw the first punch. The other fellow may have threatened and did some damage, but you cannot say that the brother was only a victim.

Agreed. They tried to bury that little fact...."yeah, he threw the first punch but..."

I don't care what someone SAYS. If they haven't touched you, and you DECIDE to throw a punch, you are not the "victim." If they're "threatening you with a knife," why would you engage as opposed to reporting that? Sad that he ended up with a fractured nose and jaw, but he is just as responsible as the other party is.

Agreed. They tried to bury that little fact...."yeah, he threw the first punch but..."

I don't care what someone SAYS. If they haven't touched you, and you DECIDE to throw a punch, you are not the "victim." If they're "threatening you with a knife," why would you engage as opposed to reporting that? Sad that he ended up with a fractured nose and jaw, but he is just as responsible as the other party is.

Its reported that security were asked for but took time to arrive. Is a preemptive strike not allowed?

NCL also does drink packages in OZ. There was an incident between a crew member and an Australian man on a cruise I was on as well. I have never seen a passenger go behind a bar and hit a bartender on a ship before Australia, that also doesn't mean that I am not looking to book the same cruise again next year.

One thing that always gets left out in conversations about violence and alcohol - a violent jerk is always a violent jerk, alcohol may just make it worse. A perfectly quiet, normal person isn't going to become a violent jerk because of alcohol, no matter how much. I've gone overboard on drinking many times in my life, and would never hurt a fly...because it's not me and I'm not capable of that. On the flip side, someone who becomes violent after drinking was always a violent person...the alcohol just brought it out and/or made it worse.

I certainly can't agree with you on this point. I have seen/know people who have never shown any sign of violence when sober but become totally different once they have had a few too many drinks.