Door decorations on Carnival?

Marvelous91

So I've seen some people post that they've decorated their cabin doors but does Carnival allow this? I read their policy and it states you need flame retardant decorations of which I can't find any, it's paper! Do they inforce this policy?

Thank you!

Was just on the Splendor in January and we decorated our doors. We followed Carnival's stringent guidelines. Pretty much comes down to no paper, no lights ect. For Christmas a year ago, I made snowflakes and trees from aluminum pans. Super easy, light, and cute. This go-round I ordered a banner from https://www.shindigz.com/ and this was easy as well. Shipping was really quick. I could have waited for a better coupon code, but was anxious to see if I needed to make one myself. I do have a coupon code that makes it to where you only pay shipping (like $8), but it is at home on my home computer not here at work. If you want to wait if interested, I can post the code probably tomorrow. Here is my banner and decorations. https://photos.app.goo.gl/51eC5gM3wScu1tGC3

fueDAuIHFRC-bpWF9AFpAMN_MSpCMJTO1_ut1e6BT1NPKTMSrVQ5Y-JYurkq_Ix9sOf-GhdEzKNk5lyueEOwH6xKTlNoBGgrBM7-flkDwWW-hOY3DdZqZrKYE5XnPKhzglowwdYspKA6obATp9ZOm4t3aSsZgsbe5R3I7RlBWr8VEHkXCOMsCaByvjt2XfWrxnm_Hwye1RJIzN5mrvmaeoX5kQqQbLUPEWm3vWUHHgKVq4PogtWEgiLWn4DRIJ4EDesFLSJSaoGqSMMXFAe2R5oJO7NLcWrMyEOWe21U-oiEWRMFuvypA7gkjZHOwgnpGANOXniD6nxBzXE7xXyfE3SuVZfljf8L-2Aua4FPU34YjMNNzJFDyGMptHbvMaoCe872Fnqf2AcWIbxCG870vvCyXwLEi_hugMAGmoEUJok7UuQKtO0vnVJsUKySN6J0qCbbtGBE76WXGG_JT60Nzi5OHxFJWo0jCYXipFMX2Xng8njnEUaSnj_mbz8P0B4PxZXhQqcDKSMY7QoeW4DAdN_zII220TA-dwaclh964hcgPe62D_3qmJOY_63If7Ju8D9KFc7RjAfnfHsb1QKMhIbqCvJR14wXYYpTArY=w311-h622-no

I left some room at the bottom to put our pictures. The sun at the top is made out of the fun foam. Pictures were laminated. The letters are the felt ones you get at like Walmart. Yes, you can paint them. I modge podged them first, then painted them. They become stiff and paint well. The best recommendation that I can give is to use the command brand hooks and stickers. They come off without harming surfaces. I did use (on my banner) the foam mounting tape. I do NOT recommend this stuff unless you want it mounted permanently.

Here is a link to Carnival's rules:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3256/~/decorating-your-stateroom-door-and-stateroom

Follow the rules and you are golden. I like decorating our doors since it makes it so much easier to find our door. I intentionally made my banner generic so that I could use it more than once.

There is a Carnival cruisers decorate your doors group on FB. You can search for them. Helpful, but click-y.

On our next group, I just might bring my WSU flag and call it good.

Happy decorating!

For each of our previous cruises I decorated our door. However, I don't know if I will do it going forward. Reason...the last 2 cruises kids ripped them off our doors. The decorations were commemorating our anniversary and these brats literally ripped them off the door threw them in the hall and stairway. So disappointing. I actually caught 2 of them red-handed and was able to identify them later to ship staff who notified their parents. One kid was made to apologize and the parents were genuinely mortified. The other (kid and parent) seemed to not care whatsoever (i.e. kids will be kids sort of thing). Its a shame because I love decorating our door and looking at the other decorated doors as well. Some people are really creative and go way out. But to answer your question, Carnival isn't strict about the decor, but I always try to stay within the guidelines.

I plan on making decorations for the doors of everyone in our group. Buying magnet paper from a craft store and printing them out. I did this on a previous Disney cruise, and it worked great! I'm unsure if the magnets will be strong enough for these doors, I have heard people have some issues, but I might bring some command strips as a backup. I'm hoping no one messes with them, but at the end of the day, it will have cost me about $5 for all of them, so nothing too important lost!

I stopped doing it when some nasty teenagers ripped my stuff. I caught one of them and almost ripped him a new one. My wife stopped me. Now we don't decorate.

I tried to catch them but was unable, but saw them a few minutes later on another deck. Ship personnel said by going after them if they had run and fallen and gotten hurt I'd have been liable since they were minors. :mad:

We've never understood why passengers decorate their doors. We didn't decorate our lockers in school either

We've never had an issue locating our cabin, even after a lot of drinking & we consider who is in our cabin & what we're celebrating private business. And when you have baggage weight limits you only bring what is essential. & leave room for souvenirs.

We've never understood why passengers decorate their doors. We didn't decorate our lockers in school either

We've never had an issue locating our cabin, even after a lot of drinking & we consider who is in our cabin & what we're celebrating private business. And when you have baggage weight limits you only bring what is essential. & leave room for souvenirs.

Amen to that ! Decorate your door at home if you have decorative urges.

As with most things in life, YMMV. :rolleyes: The world would be a very boring place is everyone did the same thing and thought the same way as everyone else. Happy cruising!

Because it's fun. No one is forcing you to decorate so it shouldn't bother you if someone else decides to do it.