Paradise not getting Alchemy in Dry Dock?

MistyRo76

Looking at the updated deck plans for Paradise and it doesn't look like it's getting Alchemy in dry dock. On the Sensation it was added in the rear lounge that was the "cigar bar". Wondering why they wouldn't add it on Paradise as well...they have become such popular venues on other ships!

Looking to book a 2019 Cuba sailing and Paradise has the itinerary we like best. It wouldn't keep us from booking...but we would miss Alchemy!

No steakhouse either. I guess they can only fit so many venues on the smaller ships. I saw something earlier this week that they were not converting to the Cherry on Top either. I’ve never been on a ship without one so I’ll be interested to see what the older store is like.

No steakhouse either. I guess they can only fit so many venues on the smaller ships. I saw something earlier this week that they were not converting to the Cherry on Top either. I’ve never been on a ship without one so I’ll be interested to see what the older store is like.

Here are some pictures from the Elation. They do sell Cherry on Top items,

IMG_8508-X2.jpg

IMG_8510-X2.jpg

IMG_8511-X2.jpg

IMG_8512-X2.jpg

IMG_8513-X2.jpg

IMG_8514-X2.jpg

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I saw that "Paradise" WAS getting "Cherry On Top" during the dry dock.

"SKY"

Sky, that's what they said about the Elation. It was obvious that the room had been remodeled, but the signage didn't change. We'll be on the Paradise a few weeks after the dry dock, so we are really looking forward to it. I know you cruise on the Paradise a lot, so when are you on her again? :cool:

This was posted by a PVP that I follow on another site on March 2nd.

Carnival Paradise

•The Paradise will have hair dryers and non-stocked mini bar units in all staterooms and suites when dry dock is completed.

•To accommodate enhancements during dry dock, the Paradise will no longer have a jogging track or basketball.

•The Paradise will not replace the Special Occasions Shop with Cherry on Top, as previously mentioned in the Press Release.

Sky, that's what they said about the Elation. It was obvious that the room had been remodeled, but the signage didn't change. We'll be on the Paradise a few weeks after the dry dock, so we are really looking forward to it. I know you cruise on the Paradise a lot, so when are you on her again? :cool:

Can't wait for that review. I'll be on it in June,

You can be sure that we'll cover her like a glove! :D

Also looking forward to a review about Paradise post dry-dock! Disappointing that they aren't converting that aft bar on Promenade to Alchemy - seems like it would be an easy, and much welcomed, upgrade. We're taking this cruise more for the ports (Cuba!) and not the ship...so like I said not a dealbreaker. But we're also leaving the little one at home, so would be a great time to get to really try out Alchemy. Our one previous cruise on a ship with Alchemy, we had our daughter with us. So that limited our drinking time quite a bit!