FOUR questions (!!!) I’m DYING to find out the answers to!! ;0)

Europeantraveler1

#1: How do you ‘status match’ on MSC?

#2: We are seriously looking at YC for a 2020, June, Western Med. cruise for 5 adults and 2 teenagers as we are in celebration mode for our 50th wedding anniversary!

I guess for most people you look at the newest ship(s) but,.......how about the other, older ships that have YC offered? Is it as nice? Nicer? What have been some of your experiences/observations?

#3: We keep trying to see what the price would be using 2019 itineraries as 2020 isn’t up yet. The odd thing is that when I put in for 2 adults, there are available YC ‘family suites’ (room for 4 max) but when I change it to 2 adults/2 teenagers, it comes up ‘fully booked’. It also comes up ‘fully booked’ if I plug in 4 adults. WHY????

#4: Does anyone know when the 2020 itineraries will come out?

Thanking you all in advance!!!!

At present, I can only answer #1,

The easiest way to do a status match is by calling MSC imo. There are website issues.

Anyway, you'll have to submit a written request with proof of loyaoty status with another cruise line and MSC will match a similar loyalty status, most famously RCI diamond with MSC black. An email with loyaloty card attachment will do.

We've been in YC on 3 of the 4 Fantasia class ships (Splendida, Preziosa & Divina - the only one we haven't done is Fantasia). All are very similar. We were also in YC on Meraviglia last year. Of the 4, we thought Meraviglia was the best. The YC restaurant is inside the enclave, whereas it's at the back of the ship on deck 15 on Fantasia class which entails a bit of a hike to go for breakfast/lunch/dinner - especially, if, like us, you prefer to eat in the restaurant. We also found the food was far superior on Meraviglia. The balcony cabins are bigger on Meraviglia, too, and the shower is better.

Beamafar, we are booked in the YC Meraviglia, does the shower have a bench seat like the Seaside does. I can't tell by the pictures. Rest of cabin looks pretty much the same. Thank you!
No bench seat. This is the only photo I have of the shower

18682fdb932021a8180d84a6fc0db1c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
In answer to #3 not all cabins have beds for 4 some only have for 2, that may be why they say fully booked.

The other answer to question 3 is

MSC have times when certain blocks of cabins eg The YC, are only available for sale in one region for a few weeks before the offer them to another region or ut them on general sail/

If you want to see the difference in a YC deluxe suite on a fantasia class ship and Meraviglia have a look at this link to a review of mine

it's fully explained with lots of pictures

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

We did the YC on Splendida last summer for our multigenerational family trip, 8 of us split between 3 cabins. It was wonderful, though skier52's Meriviglia review looks very nice. My teens would have loved the slide and rope bridge. That said, these are port intensive cruises and we spent very little time on the ship. We are first off, last on cruisers, freshen up, eat dinner (a long event in Europe), relax a bit, go to bed and repeat. We loved the YC lounge, which was an oasis of calm after long days. My dd brought her Switch, and made friends with some Swiss tweens. Nintendo crosses language barriers. :)

We had looked at doing a DCL Med cruise, and the deal we got on MSC YC made it possible to do a week in France before the trip and still save money. FWIW, we used France Just for You, a French travel planning company that was amazing, and very cost effective. I'd highly recommend them if you want to add a low stress land portion to your trip.

Regarding #1

Status match can be done via this form: https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Status-Match-Form.aspx

In the UK we had it done same day - not sure about elsewhere. You only need to provide screenshots - so don't worry about not being able to export a report, get a printed copy from your cruise line, etc!

Re: #4 Itineraries generally, come out 18months before they are due to sail. 24months if they are a world cruise.

Chris