Cozumel

shadow2252

We were docked in Cozumel the day after the explosion and nothing was mentioned. Did not appear in the ship newspapers that come out daily which has news from USA, Canada, and Great Britain. Interesting. I saw excursions going on during the day...

Maybe my question wasn't clear. I'm pretty sure there are 'jeep' on the island...LOL. I'm asking if the "Celebrity Jeep Excursion" will require transfer to the mainland, using the ferry, to pick up the tour. Or...does the 'jeep excursion' occur on the island itself? Does anyone know? If it's a transfer to the mainland I presume the tour will be cancelled so will start to look for another tour to take its place.

Probably best to call Celebrity, they are not very good at keeping you informed of any changes or cancellations.

We booked cruise for last September which left a few days after hurricane, they shut down their offices so there was no phone or internet updating status. We flew there on the Wednesday after hurricane anyway figured we would find something to do. As we got off plane in Miami received a text that cruise would take place. This was day before it was to leave.

We were docked in Cozumel the day after the explosion and nothing was mentioned. Did not appear in the ship newspapers that come out daily which has news from USA, Canada, and Great Britain. Interesting. I saw excursions going on during the day...

They don't want to scare the tourists.

Apart from the security issue, there is also the matter of returning passengers to the ship when the mainland excursion ends if ferry service is disrupted.

If they did not book a Celebrity excursion. You might be flying home. I would bring my passport and credit card.

If they did not book a Celebrity excursion. You might be flying home. I would bring my passport and credit card.

We usually do head to the mainland and would NEVER do it outside of a cruise line excursion! We have returned late a few times, everything in the port area was closed, and the ship was waiting on the ferry—which would not happen if we went on our own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums