CPAP Machines

CruiseNut24

Wow, I didn’t realize I could get distilled water. I’ve been cruising with mine for over 10yrs. I just turn humidity off. I will try the water on next cruise in July

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carry-on ALWAYS. I recently started using a CPAP and brought one with us from Australia last year on our big Canada/USA trip. That included a 7 night cruise to Alaska on Star Princess. I mostly left it on the window ledge and our cabin steward got me an extension cord. Didn't request the distilled water, I usually don't use the humidifier as I find I prefer the drier air.

Carry-on ALWAYS. I recently started using a CPAP and brought one with us from Australia last year on our big Canada/USA trip. That included a 7 night cruise to Alaska on Star Princess. I mostly left it on the window ledge and our cabin steward got me an extension cord. Didn't request the distilled water, I usually don't use the humidifier as I find I prefer the drier air.

Interesting factoid (and a little off topic)...did you know that CPAP started in OZ?

The physician who did the major studies and (I think) invented the machine was Australian.

Interesting factoid (and a little off topic)...did you know that CPAP started in OZ?

The physician who did the major studies and (I think) invented the machine was Australian.

Yep! And Resmed, who produce the machine that I use, is about 10 min drive from my house. But yet, it was MUCH cheaper for me to import a machine from a US website than to buy locally..... I'll let you try and figure that one out....

• 9 months later...

Indeed, even tho I am an amateur at this, I truly wouldn't fret excessively wearing a CPAP. What I do disdain is awakening about each 30-60 mins with an exceptionally dry mouth and throat. It doesn't appear to make a difference whether I wear the face or nose cover. I have a-lie, high BP and pneumonic hypertension so I realize I should overcome this "lifeline". I wind up drinking a great deal of water during the evening and obviously you recognize what that implies! Now I want a suitable cleaner for it to get rid from bacterias, any suggestion?

• Like 1

I keep an extension cord attached to my CPAP in my carry on, and have never been questioned. When it’s scanned, it looks like part of the CPAP cord. I don’t take the humidifier portion, making it less bulky. Saline spray works fine on an occasional dry nose. 

Edited by jagsfan

On 1/3/2019 at 9:32 AM, jagoffee said:

Are you asking about a suitable cleaner for the reservoir, mask (nasal pillow), and tubes?

If yes, I use regular Joy.  My doctor recommended a non scented dish soap.  I clean my nasal pillow everyday with hot water and the Joy.  I clean the reservoir and tubes once a week in a sink using the same product. My Doctor suggests emptying the reservoir each night to avoid mold.  

Thanks for your recommendation, but one of my friends suggest me to So clean and he also sends me a link i.e. https://sortedforyou.com/best-cpap-cleaner and this reviewer also include so clean in the top list. So what you think?