Best time to enjoy the Steakhouse?

I want to try the Steakhouse on our Liberty cruise in June. However, I do not want to miss a good meal in the MDR like formal night. What is the best day to eat in the Steakhouse? Also, is there anyway to get a menu of the 4 day Bahamas and Princess Cays cruise?
Go to Guest Services after boarding and ask to see the menus for the week. Look them over then decide what night fits best for you to visit the steakhouse. Works for us!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

To me, it's not about missing something in the MDR because the Steakhouse is such a better treat, you really won't miss a thing.

We alway look at Port schedule and pick a night that we won't be tired out from excursions or long days of walking. That way, we can really enjoy the Steakhouse.

If you dine in the Steakhouse on the first night I've heard they offer a free bottle of wine (which I heard is not so great) or 50% off other bottles. We don't drink much, but might be interested in purchasing a bottle that is better than the free one, but not over $100. What are the price ranges of the wine? And what are some decent wines that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Here is what you should do. Some cruise lines have on your TV the MDR menu for everyday of the cruise. You can look through them and see which night in the MDR does not appeal to you and your party. If they do not offer the menus like that (like Princess did not) we went to the MDR right after we embark the ship. One, you can make sure whichever dinning choice you have made; table size, early or late dinning ect. if it is correct. Two, you can ask to look at the menus for the week. In fact my DW and I did this exact thing, I believe it was on one of our Carnival cruises. We went and talked to the maître d' he confirmed our dinning time, and handed us all of the menus for the week;). It is timely to do this but it is worth it. On our RCCL they had the menus on your stateroom TV we looked through them and pick the night least appealing to us and booked steakhouse immediately (because reservations fill up fast). When we returned to the MDR the following night after the steak house everyone at our table was like, "We wish we would have joined you guys". In fact one family of 5 was like, the worst menu ever on any cruise line. I hope this helps you.

If you dine in the Steakhouse on the first night I've heard they offer a free bottle of wine (which I heard is not so great) or 50% off other bottles. We don't drink much, but might be interested in purchasing a bottle that is better than the free one, but not over $100. What are the price ranges of the wine? And what are some decent wines that don't cost an arm and a leg?

We normally order a bottle of Caymus that is priced at $180 for $90. I can’t remember the specific one but it is excellent and the price isn’t bad compared to retail.

They also carry a bottle of Paraduxx that half price makes it cheaper than I can get it from the vineyard as a member. I think it’s between $30-40.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums