Oslo, Norway Land-Only

shipcafe

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to Oslo, Norway for early March of 2006. I have the option of staying there 2.5 or 3.5 days. I have not yet decided on which but is anyone able to advise which way is better to go? (either 3 or 4 nights in the city?) i.e. is there enough to really spend a good four nights there or are three enough?

Also I'd love to hear about any "must see" attractions to supplement that which I will be reading in my tour guides. I know that it will be COLD there!

Yes, there's definitely enough to see for the full 4 nights. I was there quite a long time ago, in November, for almost a week. Although cold, the Norwegians are used to it, so there's alot of bustle.

Must see sites (I won't know all the proper names, it was long ago): Vigeland park, with all the sculptures; the outdoor cultural museum, with traditional Norwegian houses, some very old); the Viking Museum; the art museum (Munch). I've forgotten some, and the city I'm sure has changed alot. Consider doing a day-trip somewhere by train--I was lucky enough to do a train/car trip up to Lillehammer and then over to Geiranger and Alesund, but there is pretty scenery closer than that--even on the outskirts of Oslo.

Hope this helps.

Archived