Disney to Port of Tampa

bowen9475

We are flying into Orlando to spend time in Disney before and after a cruise from Tampa? What are our options to get from a Disney hotel to the port of Tampa and back after the cruise? If a rental car, which is the best option? Are there any shuttles that will pick us up at Disney and bring us to the port of Tampa and do the reverse afterwards? Thanks for your help!

Your options are to either rent a car or to take a car service or Uber. Disney only transports to the Port Canaveral port because they have ships there. They will transport you from Orlando airport to the resort for free. There is an Enterprise car rental by the entrance to the Magic Kingdom. They can pick you up at your resort if you rent a car from there.

Lots of car rental options near WDW - where are you staying? :confused:

Hertz and Avis have hotel locations close to the port of Tampa, and Enterprise is also close(Ybor City?) and should shuttle you. If you get a better deal dropping the car off at the TPA airport you can taxi to the port for $25 or Uber for about $18

• 1 month later...

I've been pricing car rentals picking up at MCO and returning near port of Tampa. I've priced with Avis and Hertz. Do either of these offer a shuttle? Rental prices are higher than I was expecting so I plan to keep looking as the date gets closer.

Hertz and Avis are both close to the port in hotels and reports on this board is that they do shuttle - if not a taxi would be very inexpensive. If you get a better deal at TPA a taxi to the port is about $25+ or you can Uber for under $20

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently looking at the same except in reverse. Heading to Orlando from the Port of Tampa. I've found the best pricing on Budget (using code D626000), but I need a minivan so car prices may be cheaper elsewhere. Also, check Priceline.

Whatever you decide for transportation, remember to allow plenty of time to get to Tampa if you are planning to drive over the morning of the cruise departure. That stretch of I-4 is notorious for accidents and hours-long delays. It has taken me 4+ hours to get between Tampa and Orlando on more than one occasion due to accidents. My advice would be to go over the night before, just to be safe.