2 questions

nikblondiew

Hello,

A good place for weather is accuweather.com or intellicast.com or weather.com. One of them has a 15 day forecast. I use it a lot when we are going to travel. I am pretty sure that on on your second question it will be no.I could be wrong. We will be going on our first Carnival cruise is 12 days and from what I gather on Carnival the irons and laundry facilities are located in a laundry room. Many cruise lines are pretty nervous about having irons and candles in the staterooms. Fire hazards of any kind are a pretty scary thing at sea. I usually bring a little travel iron if I think I am going to need it. We aren't even planning on going to the dining room at all this trip, so I am not to worried about it. I know that dry cleaning is pretty inexpensive, and that may be the route you may want to take. I have heard the lines can get pretty long on formal nights. Take Care!!

Don't know about finding temps at sea, but you could chck the 10 day forecast for the departure port and also for your first port of call and figure the temps at sea will be somewhere around those 2 ...

As for ironing, when I unpack if there is anything that looks like it needs to be touched up, I ask my room steward to do a little pressing for me. Cost is pretty reasonable and I hate to iron and don't see the need to do it on vacation.

I would beware using the irons in the laundry area...no regulated temperature setting on them! Another cruiser on this board (cannot remember her name - husband is stang guy) had accidently ruined the pants she was going to wear on formal night from the iron on the Conquest.

You are not supposed to bring travel irons with you, but some do.

Don't bring an iron, period. As posters have said, send out for pressing or use the iron in the laundry room. Or get that wrinkle spray (I believe Downy makes it) that posters have said works great. Fire on a ship is THE single most feared disaster. Irons are strictly prohibited -- for a reason.

CTMak

I would beware using the irons in the laundry area...no regulated temperature setting on them! Another cruiser on this board (cannot remember her name - husband is stang guy) had accidently ruined the pants she was going to wear on formal night from the iron on the Conquest.

You are not supposed to bring travel irons with you, but some do.

:eek: Who can forget Sablerose?! ;)

You might try a travel garment steamer as an alternative to the laundry room irons, since travel irons are prohibited by Carnival.

Happy cruising!

Irons are forbidden, both for their inherent danger of fire and for their electrical load on the ships system.

Weather?

Your cruise is scheduled for a certain time.

You can't change it due to weather.

You can't influence the weather.

You can't change the weather.

You can decide to have a great time regardless of the weather and go from there.

Life is 90% attitude, the other half is just stuff.:)

Dan

I agree with Dan. If you see a forecast that calls for rain every day you will be very upset. Nothing you can do about it...so you worry- and stress about stuff. Only to find when you get to where you are going--its beautiful the whole entire time

wasn't worried about the weather RUINING my time.

Just curious.That was all.

no one said anything about ruining time. Its stressful enough planning a cruise.. I dont look anymore - we used to book during hurricane season and it made me nuts to think it might happen to us. (never did..knock on wood.

and if you saw a forcast for rain everyday for your week-- that wouldnt worry you?

Archived