Kids Specialty Restaurant Pricing

RADGIRL80

Hi,

My husband and I are taking our two kids, 12 and 8, on the Norwegian Bliss this Aug. My 12 year old would like to try to eat from the menus of the specialty restaurants, while my 8 year old would only eat chicken nugg from the regular kids menu. My husband and I will have the UDP as a perk. How much would I have to pay for each kid?

Thanks!

Most restaurants are a la carte (except Teppanyaki and Moderno Brazilian Steakhouse). No discounts for kids. The 12 year old can order an entree and get an app from the kids menu or get samples from mom/dad. And order a dessert.

To get an idea of costs, see my thread that has many menus from popular restaurants. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449

We just called NCL and asked about this, they said in most specialty restaurants they can order off kids menu and it’s free. But if it’s cover charge like Teppanyaki then kids are full price which makes sense, seating is limited and they are occupying a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Getaway last year with 6 kids. They loved Tappenyaki but honestly most kids ages 6-13 do not have the patience to sit through a 2-2.5 hour specialty dining meal without entertainment.

I don't know how many times I have been in a specialty restaurant and have seen families with kids asleep, complaining, crying, running around. It is a lot to ask of them if they are young and the parents not enjoying their meals because of it.

We also had the UDP and what we ended up doing was booking our dinners for about 6:30 and took them to the buffet for dinner around 5:30 on the nights we wanted to use our UDP and then took them to the kids club before we had our reservation. Mine although foodies would not have sat through a long dinner at Cagney's, Le Bistro etc. They loved to eat at the buffet and this was the only time we did, otherwise we ate at MDR.

We would pick them up after dinner or let them stay if they wanted to. This way we all had a little bit of "free" time.