Best Snorkling

Cruise Angel

I haven't snokeled at all of the stops you listed, but I have snorkeled in Cozumel at Chankanaab several times and LOVED it each time.

The first time I opened my eyes underwater, I screamed. I was surrounded by colorful fish.

I would snorkel here, however, I have no idea of the condition of this park post hurricane. Perhaps someone who has been recently can fill you in.

Kim

I agree with NoName as to Cozumel and Chankanaab it was wonderful when we did it a year ago. On our own - just take a taxi and your gear or I think they might have some gear to rent but I'm not sure. Taxi was $10 U.S. and the same for the admission as Chankanaab is a state park and has fees. Also have heard wonderful things about Belize but not done that yet.

We have been to Chankanaab State Park twice, both times we went on our own, just took taxi, they have snorkeling equipment there to rent. It was a wonderful time, excellent snorkeling and sooooo much to see, don't miss the statue (under the water) of course! This was probably our favoite snorkel spot in the western carribean islands. If you are stopping in Grand Caymen, a must see if Stingray City, an experience of a lifetime!!!!

Archived