NCL Epic 7 April 2018 Transatlantic - weather?

C cruise

Did anyone do this cruise last year? I am trying to figure what the weather will be like... I know no one can say for sure but maybe someone has experience with this type cruise and has an idea...trying to figure what to pack... shorts? long pants? whatever?

laughing because we are doing same transatlantic in a month and hubby asked me same question a few minutes ago!

going to pack layers varying from vest tops to sweatshirts

bear in mind ships air conditioning means cool inside even if boiling hot outside

have you joined our roll call as is very active

I feel your pain. We are on the same upcoming transatlantic followed by three weeks in Europe with just medium sized backpacks. Not quite sure how to manage but let’s put it this way: if our upgrade bid to the Haven is accepted, we are going to look like the Beverly Hillbillies.

laughing because we are doing same transatlantic in a month and hubby asked me same question a few minutes ago!

going to pack layers varying from vest tops to sweatshirts

bear in mind ships air conditioning means cool inside even if boiling hot outside

have you joined our roll call as is very active

not as worried about inside the ship... more concerned with at ports ... and will it be warm enough to swim on the ship? ahhhh - don't want to pack too much ;p

I feel your pain. We are on the same upcoming transatlantic followed by three weeks in Europe with just medium sized backpacks. Not quite sure how to manage but let’s put it this way: if our upgrade bid to the Haven is accepted, we are going to look like the Beverly Hillbillies.

haha - that made me laugh ... I don't want to pack too much but I think I'd have trouble with just a medium backpacks :p

Did anyone do this cruise last year? I am trying to figure what the weather will be like... I know no one can say for sure but maybe someone has experience with this type cruise and has an idea...trying to figure what to pack... shorts? long pants? whatever?

Won't know until you get closer to your sail date. Weather in the Atlantic can be unpredictable.

While you are on a southerly track, there was ice in the Atlantic waters on April 15, 1912.

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last years weather has nothing to do with this year.

Our transatlantic on the Epic (was it two years ago, or before that?) was cold and windy. Nobody using the pool. Still, I am happy to sit (in warm clothes) in our balcony and watch the world (the ocean) goes by.

We were also lucky to have purchased the spa pass, and enjoyed the thermal suite everyday.

Port stop in Funchal, Madeira Island, was bright and sunny, though.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain[emoji3]

good answer

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our transatlantic on the Epic (was it two years ago, or before that?) was cold and windy. Nobody using the pool. Still, I am happy to sit (in warm clothes) in our balcony and watch the world (the ocean) goes by.

We were also lucky to have purchased the spa pass, and enjoyed the thermal suite everyday.

Port stop in Funchal, Madeira Island, was bright and sunny, though.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

hoping for better this trip...

I've been on several TAs and I am not bringing a swimsuit this time (got my first UTI ever from the hot tub on the sailing in 2016.) I'm also touring about Europe and don't want any non-essential clothing. One pair of capris is enough. BTW- we have had some pretty nice weather going across, but you never know.

I've been on several TAs and I am not bringing a swimsuit this time (got my first UTI ever from the hot tub on the sailing in 2016.) I'm also touring about Europe and don't want any non-essential clothing. One pair of capris is enough. BTW- we have had some pretty nice weather going across, but you never know.

not crazy about hot tubs either.... :o