Our Seaside review - March 3 - 10 - One and Done for MSC

javaguru

The more reviews the better. If a cruise line has a problem, people can see it in an open and honest forum. What I don't understand is people complaining about people writing reviews of their experience.

I'm with you!

And btw, my DH got the 4th bad steak onboard! LOL!

DCGuy64

The guy in the thong during the dinner seating was MSC's fault because they allowed him into the MDR. On another cruise line I am certain he would have been sent back to his cabin to put on something more appropriate. I have seen people sent back to change when wearing shorts and t-shirts.

For the steak, to me a steak that is not to my liking is bad. I didn't say the steak was spoiled or rotten, I said bad. It was tough and had no taste. To me, that is bad.

I have no problem reconciling people having different experiences, we all have different nasal sensitivities. Maybe my nose is not as sensitive as others. I noticed the smell on the first day and not other than that. My wife experienced the same thing.

DCGuy64

The guy in the thong during the dinner seating was MSC's fault because they allowed him into the MDR. On another cruise line I am certain he would have been sent back to his cabin to put on something more appropriate. I have seen people sent back to change when wearing shorts and t-shirts.

For the steak, to me a steak that is not to my liking is bad. I didn't say the steak was spoiled or rotten, I said bad. It was tough and had no taste. To me, that is bad.

I have no problem reconciling people having different experiences, we all have different nasal sensitivities. Maybe my nose is not as sensitive as others. I noticed the smell on the first day and not other than that. My wife experienced the same thing.

The internet (and CC in particular) is littered with posts and discussions about dress codes on cruise lines. They're all over the place. Cruise lines are in a no-win situation when it comes to what constitutes acceptable dress. Let people in wearing inappropriate dress, you annoy and offend those who play by the rules. Enforce the rules, and you risk angering your clientele. It's a tough balance to strike. I would agree that the, er, gentleman shouldn't have been let in, but as I say, it's no-win situation. Hard for me (personally) to hold the cruise line accountable for that, but you may disagree.

suzyed ... yes some people are doing their homework but as I said in my earlier post many are not and that is clear by what they post.

With regard to the towels, the only place we saw one was the entrance to the Deck 19 Aurea area tent and as you would expect they were just for the Aurea/Wellness sundeck.

With regard to dress code the only way to enforce it on Gala nights in the MDR is to have a notice sent to every cabin saying that only those wearing evening wear will be allowed in and that anyone wearing T shirts or shorts will be turned away.

At least you are forewarned and can make alternative arrangements if you are not the dressing up type of person.

Sewage smell is the best I can describe it with a little sulfur mixed in. Not a pleasant smell. It wasn't paint, varnish or cleaning agents.

So it could be unburnt fuel, I also wonder if MSC have been incinerating sewage waste. ?

With regard to dress code the only way to enforce it on Gala nights in the MDR is to have a notice sent to every cabin saying that only those wearing evening wear will be allowed in....

Sidari- how do you know that is the ONLY way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suzyed ... yes some people are doing their homework but as I said in my earlier post many are not and that is clear by what they post.

With regard to the towels, the only place we saw one was the entrance to the Deck 19 Aurea area tent and as you would expect they were just for the Aurea/Wellness sundeck.

With regard to dress code the only way to enforce it on Gala nights in the MDR is to have a notice sent to every cabin saying that only those wearing evening wear will be allowed in and that anyone wearing T shirts or shorts will be turned away.

At least you are forewarned and can make alternative arrangements if you are not the dressing up type of person.

Agree! Good idea, IF they want to enforce it. I was told by the matre'd that the only night shorts in the MDR are not allowed it Elegant night. I guess it didn't mention thongs? LOL!

So it could be unburnt fuel, I also wonder if MSC have been incinerating sewage waste. ?
On our sailing most of the smell was near the kiddy pool on deck 18.... this occurred fairly regularly on multiple days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: towels. First day on the ship, the towels were found in the cabin with a note that said the towels were to be used at the pool and when going on excursions and to please return them to the cabin to be replaced by the room steward. I even saw someone on the pool deck looking for towels and he was told he needed to bring them from his cabin.

If there was a towel exchange on deck 16, I sure didn't see it in the two weeks on Seaside. I don't doubt it was there, but it sure wasn't obvious, at least not to us!

Deck 16 aft starboard side right near the doors leading into the buffet. We exchanged multiple towels there after port days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk