Is your US Passport Stamped upon entry or exit from Cuba?

Arzeena

If you have plans to travel to a country that won't let you enter with a Cuba stamp, you can ask them not to. (I don't know of any such country but I presume that's why you're asking)

Did not know that there was a list of "such" countries either. Thanks for the answer.

Right now I can only think of Israel and Syria. Those two stamps heavily limit your travel. I have a stamp from Cuba and its never caused me any problems anywhere else in the world, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I doubt there's any risk of getting a stamp on a cruise ship visit, but if they're hovering over your passport with a stamp I reckon you could try asking them to spare you.

Out of interest: why do you ask?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Forums mobile app

Right now I can only think of Israel and Syria. Those two stamps heavily limit your travel. I have a stamp from Cuba and its never caused me any problems anywhere else in the world, so I'm sure you'll be fine. I doubt there's any risk of getting a stamp on a cruise ship visit, but if they're hovering over your passport with a stamp I reckon you could try asking them to spare you.

Out of interest: why do you ask?

Sent from my LG-H990 using Forums mobile app

Just asking a question!

If memory serves me, when I was there last year, passport itself is stamped upon entry into Cuba. As to asking them to NOT stamp the passport, I don't know ... I didn't see anyone on my trip asking for this.

I find this interesting because I was SO thrilled, as an American, to GET that Cuba stamp.

If memory serves me, when I was there last year, passport itself is stamped upon entry into Cuba. As to asking them to NOT stamp the passport, I don't know ... I didn't see anyone on my trip asking for this.

I find this interesting because I was SO thrilled, as an American, to GET that Cuba stamp.

Thanks.

I was not going to ask them not to stamp it.:) Just wanted to know.

Is your US passport stamped upon entry or exit in Cuba (via cruise ship) by Cuban authorities?

Or it only the paper that they give you as a visa stamped?

Cruising with Holland America.

Mine was stamped after getting off the ship for the first time and going through immigration.

I've read that before Americans were allowed to visit Cuba, they would first go to another country then go to Cuba from there. Because they had to return to America, they would ask Cuban immigration not to a stamp their passport. Apparently this was obliged. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want a stamp now.

After 14 now trips to Cuba, lecturing on PEARL MIST, I can tell you that the one thing that is certain, is that nothing is certain. If you as a US citizen have visited Cuba illegally, i.e. not with an approved people-to-people trip with an approved people--to-people cruise or tour operator acting as your "sponsor" or chaperon, and your passport has been stamped, you may have a big problem with the US. On the other hand if you are on an approved cruise program, sometimes they stamp at the end, or along the way ... it's like there is no standard policy. Cuban immigration in Casilda, Cienfuegos, and Santiago de Cuba is pretty casual, and very friendly, but then we are a small ship Immigration in Havana is more formal, more typical immigration-official-attitudes, but with a friendly "Hola!" and smile even those attitudes can melt. Cubans are VERY happy to have US Americans visiting. Regards, Richard