C& A points for single occupancy

BaumD

When did this policy begin? I sailed single in a balcony cabin late 2011 and only received one point per night- just want to be sure I have the right amount of points either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2013. Someone will have the exact date.

No we only get 2 points per night that is applied to our C & A status and not 4.

You're obviously totally missing the point here. Let me see if I can break it down as simply as possible for you.

Occupant #1 gets two points per night in a JS or above.

Occupant #2 gets two points per night in a JS or above.

RCI has given out a total of four points per night for that room.

Let's say that Occupant #1 paid $1000 for the room and Occupant #2 paid $1000 for the room for a total price of $2000. RCI would be giving out a TOTAL OF FOUR POINTS per night (two for #1 and two for #2) for that $2000 price.

If a Solo Passenger has that same room, they'd have to pay $2000 and would get three points per night.

The couple is paying $2000 and getting a total of four points (two on each account), the solo is paying $2000 and only getting a total of three points (all on one account).

The couple is paying $1000 per person to get two points each per night -- each point per night is costing each person $500 for the week.

The solo is paying $2000 per person to get three points per night -- each point per night is costing that person $667 for the week.

Does that help?

If you have traveled as a single since 2013, check your C&A points. If you booked a double cabin as a single you are entitled to DOUBLE points. Went back and looked at my C&A history since then and 3 cruise had double points and 3 cruises did NOT. A call to the C&A desk resolved it and added 15 points to my count.

I'm the OP on this thread. Yes, each of the three cruises that only showed single points now show double points; HOWEVER, my points total did not change! Need another call to the C&A desk.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, my question is, if you book a trip for two and pay for it but then only one person was able to go and Royal refunded port and taxes, how many points should I expect to receive? it was a 7 day cruise.

TIA.

Hi, thanks to all that replied. My cruise points have been added to C&A , it was 7 points I called C&A and ask about the doble points and the agent ask to give him a few minutes and after about 3 minutes he came back and asked me to check on the website after 24 hours and I will be able to see the missing points, I check later that day and points were already assigned.

Hi, my question is, if you book a trip for two and pay for it but then only one person was able to go and Royal refunded port and taxes, how many points should I expect to receive? it was a 7 day cruise.

TIA.

I booked a cruise with my son on Oasis last month, and he ended up not being able to go. RCI refunded his port taxes to my credit card and I received double points without asking. I did not expect this and I'm now Diamond+, one cruise earlier than expected.:D

I don't imagine anyone knows the answer to this one yet, but thought I'd throw it out in the mix.

My father booked a solo cabin on Symphony of the Seas, prior to her finalised cabin layout being confirmed. Once this was completed, it turned out that most of the solo cabins (or possibly all?) were axed to accommodate some other venues and he ended up being moved to a normal cabin, but without having to pay an increased fare.

I'm curious if he'll end up qualifying for double points because they may not pay attention to the fare paid. (And also it's worth noting that the solo cabins are still nearly full price as if he'd paid as a single in a regular cabin -- and the cabins are about half the size!!)

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what happens. He's not fussed about his cruise points, but we've been paying close attention to our own. We're Diamond now, and will be Diamond Plus after our next two sailings. :D

They always forget to give me the extra point per night when I travel solo, everytime I get back I have to call them so that they adjust the points.

I find that it takes several days for the double points added. I check when I arrive home - don't do anything immediately and they appear.

The Crown and Anchor states only one cruise point, 2 for suites. Even searching their website doesn't indicate anything concerning solo travelers getting two points per night. If you have the passage, can someone post it other than saying it was changed in 2013 before calling them since I need to obtain missing points.

The Crown and Anchor states only one cruise point, 2 for suites. Even searching their website doesn't indicate anything concerning solo travelers getting two points per night. If you have the passage, can someone post it other than saying it was changed in 2013 before calling them since I need to obtain missing points.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instandce of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced rate upgrades.

The above is from C&A page, the part relating to extra point for solo sailing in double occupancy stateroom in bold. Hope this helps clarify.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllMemberBenefits.do

14One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, TL, A1, A2, A3, CL, OL, OS, OT, OP, FS, GL, GP, GS, GB, GT, JS, J1, J3, J4, VT, VP, VO, VS, L1, L2) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Edited by little britain

Hello,

This will be my 7th cruise with RCI but my first as a solo traveler. When I booked in November 2017 I was told by the RCI rep that I would earn 2 points for each night. But, I too just checked the website and I cannot find this listed anywhere.

I am hoping this will still be honored as it would mean I would be moved up to the next level which will be Emerald.

D.

Hello,

This will be my 7th cruise with RCI but my first as a solo traveler. When I booked in November 2017 I was told by the RCI rep that I would earn 2 points for each night. But, I too just checked the website and I cannot find this listed anywhere.

I am hoping this will still be honored as it would mean I would be moved up to the next level which will be Emerald.

D.

See #38 and #39....;)

It's me again.

I searched and searched and finally found the information a few of us were looking for in the Crown and Anchor Society Member Benefits page (listed at the bottom of the page).

# 14) One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point

per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL,

RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a

single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including

Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion.

Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise

tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the

instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category including reduced

rate upgrades.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/viewAllMemberBenefits.do

14One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing andan extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, TL, A1, A2, A3, CL, OL, OS, OT, OP, FS, GL, GP, GS, GB, GT, JS, J1, J3, J4, VT, VP, VO, VS, L1, L2) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Thank you.

I don't imagine anyone knows the answer to this one yet, but thought I'd throw it out in the mix.

My father booked a solo cabin on Symphony of the Seas, prior to her finalised cabin layout being confirmed. Once this was completed, it turned out that most of the solo cabins (or possibly all?) were axed to accommodate some other venues and he ended up being moved to a normal cabin, but without having to pay an increased fare.

I'm curious if he'll end up qualifying for double points because they may not pay attention to the fare paid. (And also it's worth noting that the solo cabins are still nearly full price as if he'd paid as a single in a regular cabin -- and the cabins are about half the size!!)

Anyway, we'll have to wait and see what happens. He's not fussed about his cruise points, but we've been paying close attention to our own. We're Diamond now, and will be Diamond Plus after our next two sailings. :D

If your father is the only guest booked in a stateroom that normally holds two or more, he should get an extra point per night for being solo.