Loyal to Royal thinking about Carnival Valor

tray

Wow!!!! Thank you ALL so very much for the valuable words of wisdom! You have definitely given me a much better idea of some of the things that we may want to consider. We are not super picky and love cruising, and we do love to have fun but everyone’s perceptions are different so I am grateful for everyone’s insight. I will keep you all posted if we do decide to book, so that I can report back after the cruise! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never sailed Carnival, but noticed that Guy’s Burger Joint and BlueIguana Cantina are included on this ship. Heard a lot of good things about both from friends who are devoted Carnival cruisers. [emoji106]

Edit: Reviews on Cruise Critic are quite positive: https://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=338

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yes. Guys Burgers are great. They are better than Johnny Rockets on Royal where you have to pay a surcharge. Best burger on a cruise in my opinion. At least I thought so in 2015 on my last Carnival cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found the passenger demographic largely depends on time of year, cruise length, and departure port. Royal and Carnival seem to pull a similar demographic. I'd give Carnival another chance.

I cruised a 5 day Valor in October and a 5 Day Vision of the Seas in January...both out of Galveston. There was a vast difference in passenger demographic. I preferred the RCL demographic in this particular case. I have even noticed a large difference between clientele on a 5 day Carnival vs. a 7 day Carnival out of Galveston.

Great thread, thanks.

We're pretty fed up with Royal for showing so little imagination for Galveston sailings. They pulled Enchantment for this year which made our choices worse. So we're looking at CCL and have booked Valor for New Year's Eve :)

We went on Triumph a few years ago and it was fine so now looking forward to Valor and we'll see how we like it. CCL does at least have a few longer offerings out of Galveston too.

I wish the Port of Galveston & city would decide what to do about expansion, I bet Princess & NCL would look at home-porting there if the facilities were adequate. I read that Galveston is currently the fourth busiest cruise port in the country.