Question on Free at Sea Perk for Specialty Dining

cidymom

I just booked a NCL cruise where I could choose 2 perks. For one of the perks, I chose the specialty dining package. I've never eaten at a specialty restaurant or had this perk before so not sure what this is all about. From researching it on NCL, it appears you normally pay a cover charge to eat at a specialty restaurant and some have a la carte pricing. So with this perk, I assume I don't have to pay the per person cover charge to get in but do I have to pay for the food? what about tipping? The NCL FAQ said the service charge that was billed includes a 20% gratuity but my service charge didn't seem like much for eating at three specialty dining venues. Anything I need to be aware of as I don't want to embarrass myself this first time. Thanks in advance to all for your help.

The speciality restaurants either have a cover charge or are a la carte, not both. If you have the dining package then you are covered, although you can only order one entree.

There are some restaurants, such as Ocean Blue or Bayado (which are only on some ships) which have an upcharge you will need to pay. The details are in the T&Cs on the website.

The amount you where charged with your booking covers the tips. You can tip extra if you wish, but nothing is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The speciality restaurants either have a cover charge or are a la carte, not both. If you have the dining package then you are covered, although you can only order one entree.

There are some restaurants, such as Ocean Blue or Bayado (which are only on some ships) which have an upcharge you will need to pay. The details are in the T&Cs on the website.

The amount you where charged with your booking covers the tips. You can tip extra if you wish, but nothing is required.

With the dining package, you can eat at Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, Moderno, Le Bistro and Cucina at no charge, your tip already included. Order anything on the menus (one entree) and multiple appetizers. You get three nights at any of these restaurants. If you choose Ocean Blue, there is a $15 upcharge plus on of your three nights of dining.

For example we have the 3 night dining package and eat at Cagney’s, Teppanyaki and Cagney’s with no extra charge, tip included.

• 3 weeks later...
With the dining package, you can eat at Cagney’s, Teppanyaki, Moderno, Le Bistro and Cucina at no charge, your tip already included. Order anything on the menus (one entree) and multiple appetizers. You get three nights at any of these restaurants. If you choose Ocean Blue, there is a $15 upcharge plus on of your three nights of dining.

For example we have the 3 night dining package and eat at Cagney’s, Teppanyaki and Cagney’s with no extra charge, tip included.

You state that you get to eat 1 entrée and multiple appetizers. So I can really order 3 appetizers and will not be charged additional for them?

what about tipping?
There is no need to tip extra if you don't want to. I do tip $5 per person, if the service was exceptional, which it ususally is for me. I do a number of dinners in each restaurant and the servers address me by name and have a diet pepsi waiting for me and sometimes will even ask me if I want the same as I had the last time or something different.