Cannes Ship Tender

NewCruiser51912

Ok hopefully I'm going to use all of this terminology correctly (first time cruiser)! So forgive me if I'm a little confusing.

We'll be sailing the Western Mediterranean June 3rd- 10th, 2018 on the NCL Epic. We're planning to just do a beach day and want to find something within walking distance. I've found a bunch of beach locations but I'm not sure exactly where the ship tender drops you off. Can anyone clarify? It seems like there's a couple different locations in the port.

I also understand that most of the beaches in the port are private. We wouldn't have much of an issue paying a fee as long as it's not too crazy. Does anyone have a general idea of what it would cost to use a private hotel/resort beach?

I believe the ships still tender to a location near the The Old Port (Le Vieux Port on Google Maps). On the western side of that marina area if you look at it on Google Maps). I can't recall if we entered the innermost portion of that marina area on the tender or if we tendered somewhere further out on Quai du Large. But somewhere in that area.

I believe I have seen other postings on here saying the free, public beach is to the left as you exit the tender boats and walk toward town. But I don't have personal knowledge of that. I know that there were many places to hit the beach off to the right as you walk along the shore of the main part of downtown. I believe these are all linked to hotels along the way and therefore require some form of payment to us.

There is a public beach located within a 5 min walk from the tender pier. I believe its called Plage du Midi. The sand is good and there are quite a few decent cafes located nearby (opposite the Marina). It has been a few years since we used that beach so I am not sure whether anyone is renting chairs/umbrellas. When you leave the tender pier you will see a large parking lot and you can just walk through or around that....keeping the water on your left. You will quickly come to the beach.

Hank