Escape review: 3/3-3/10 sailing from Miami

LabRat

Start with the seafood extravaganza and go from there...I'm in.

And to whomever posted the menu, thanks....

That's not included with the dining package, for what it's worth.

I think you will love it. I went into the brewhouse one time and was surprised when no one came to take my order after almost 5 minutes. I knoooow! The nerve of those people! Then I looked around and realized it was actually closed (morning of a port day). They just forgot to lock the side doors. I stayed for about an hour (really comfy seats, ya know?) and read a book before wandering out to obtain my morning margarita at the bar in Vibe.

We love going to our local breweries in Southern Calif... Actually, we'll be going to a few before, during and after the cruise in NY, NJ, and Canada! Already found a few!

We love going to our local breweries in Southern Calif... Actually, we'll be going to a few before, during and after the cruise in NY, NJ, and Canada! Already found a few!

I'm wondering if they update the menu when sailing out of NY? I would think so as currently District has a bunch of South Florida volume craft selections. I doubt they would be loading these in NY. Curious.

Great idea. What breweries do you plan on visiting? Let me know if you have any questions or want any suggestions. NYC has some great breweries and beer bars.

I'm wondering if they update the menu when sailing out of NY? I would think so as currently District has a bunch of South Florida volume craft selections. I doubt they would be loading these in NY. Curious.

I didn't think about that. But I hope they always keep the Miami Weiss--that one was really tasty.

Thanks for sharing! Glad to see the spring breakers didn't affect your trip.

There were plenty of them (though not the 1000+ that others saw), but there were no issues that I saw. The pool was very crowded on the sea days, but that is true of every cruise I've been on.

There were even some Breakers (besides us) from our school, Michigan State. Go Green! :D

But I do have to admit that I spent a large portion of my time in Vibe, which was almost entirely an older crowd. Could be that I just missed any issues by doing that, but I think that most everyone on the ship was decently behaved.

Excellent review!

We were onboard with you last week!

Our 2nd time on the Escape in two years and 2nd time on the Getaway in November in two years.

We think we prefer the Getaway, although the layout is much the same on both, just a few subtle differences.

Thanks for sharing a fabulous recap and happy sailings.....

Excellent review!

We were onboard with you last week!

Our 2nd time on the Escape in two years and 2nd time on the Getaway in November in two years.

We think we prefer the Getaway, although the layout is much the same on both, just a few subtle differences.

Thanks for sharing a fabulous recap and happy sailings.....

We should be on the Getaway next January :D

Liked the review.

I have been on the Escape recently and wanted to try byamo but could not squeeze it in. We had the 4 UDP and selected other places. Bummer to hear about the seafood not being good I wanted to try it on the Getaway in June.

The food I did not like was Margaretville and I did not like the food or menus at the main dinning rooms we only went 2 times and were not impressed.

Great review!! We were on the Escape last year and will be going again this weekend. Try Le Bistro next time. We also did Moderno and ate too damn much. The meat just kept coming. Skipping it this time and going to Teppanyaki. I also loved the Brewhouse. Spent many many hours there. Great staff that took really good care of us. Who was the nightly entertainment at the Brewhouse when you were on?

Beau Tahana is the entertainment in the Brewhouse right now until June! He's excellent and has quite the repertoire on CC, his facebook page and his website! Check it out:

http://www.beautahana.com/reviews

https://www.facebook.com/District-BEAU-287180278024005/?ref=br_rs