B2B with kids???

My husband and I are considering doing a B2B on Allure (so both Eastern and Western itineraries)...with our kids, ages 8 and 10. Are we crazy? We took the kids on Allure several years ago when they were 4 and 6 and they LOVED it. We usually take a land based vacation with the kids each year and take a cruise for our anniversary without the kids. I guess I'm worried they'll get tired of it and we'll be stuck. Of course, counting the change over day in Ft. Lauderdale, we would have 8 port days with 5 sea days. It's a good ratio. If anyone has ever done a B2B or a 10+ day cruise with kids I would appreciate your insight. Thanks.

P.S. We're booked in a Jr Suite on the "hump" with the extra deep balcony. So space really isn't a concern for me, I think we'll be comfortable. Also, my parents are booked in a balcony room by our room.

Did a 14 day cruise with a 2 year old. We had my wife’s parents with us so we got a break every once and a while.

I wouldn’t hesitate to do a B2B with the age kids you mentioned.

We did a B2B on Disney but it was a 3/4 day. We had our kids and three extra. Everyone had a blast. The kids really enjoyed feeling like big shots being on the ship and having access to their room before everyone else.

Have been doing b2b with my 12 year old son for the past 2 years. He loves it as the servers, bartenders and counselors get to know him. He just wishes a friend he has met the first week will also be on a b2b.

On oasis class you need 2 weeks to enjoy everything the ship has to offer at a nice pace. If it is your first time on Oasis class 7 days will just fly by and you realize that there is so much more to do.

Warning, once you try b2b you will want to do it more often!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On oasis class you need 2 weeks to enjoy everything the ship has to offer at a nice pace. If it is your first time on Oasis class 7 days will just fly by and you realize that there is so much more to do.

Warning, once you try b2b you will want to do it more often!

100% agreed on this! My family sailed 7 nights on Oasis in 2014 when DD was 3 and we felt it wasn't long enough.

We did our first B2B on Navigator late last year (5 + 9 = 14 nights) after DD turned 6, and it was a blast -- best cruise to date given the length, itinerary, and fellow CC members!

We enjoyed the B2B so much, we have a B2B booked on Allure for later this year. Can hardly bear the wait! :D

DD never got bored with the 14 nights on Navigator, which has fewer amenities than the Oasis class. She really enjoys the Adventure Ocean program, though. She will have turned 7 by the time we board Allure.

In short OP, you're not crazy, don't hesitate to do it! :)