Food Allergies

Jareds_mommytoo

Yes -- you can tell your waiter what fruit your child can not have in the dining room.

In the Lido, you will need to ask someone to make a special plate of fruit as most times the fruit is prepared ahead of time and mixed together.

You should notify HAL about 60 days before your cruise about your child's food allergies.

I am allergic to shellfish and always anxiously fill out the allergy forms and have never had a problem. On the first night I am sure to speak with my head waiter, and his crew...

During a behind the scenes tour on one of the HAL ships I discovered "THE WALL".

All "our" special diet boarding pics- table numbers (if assigned seating)- and allergies posted as a reminder to crew. I commented on it. She promptly said... its only the backup. All our ID boarding pics ALSO identified our allergies and keep special needs records that follow with us to reservations in restaurants... and while I know that info offers little relief for lido, I hope it does offer some insight in behind the scenes main dining. For a child- I would also consider an allergy bracelet or necklace as an additional precaution.