First time cruiser question

firsttimeRach

We will be sailing on The Edge Jan.6, 2019 for the first time. We are in an infinite veranda. We signed up for anytime dining. I believe that I need to make reservations for all dining rooms. Since there are 4 MDR, is there any reason we shouldn't just plan to do a different one each night? I don't understand when I've read that travelers will be "assigned a dining room". Can someone clarify? I also don't understand why I would pay for meals at specialty restaurants, when there seem to be SO many dining options that are complimentary. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This ship is new to all of us, so there’s no way to know which venues any of us will prefer. You will find information and a lot of discussion about dining on Edge in the thread just below yours. You are the only one who can decide what you want to do about either the main dining rooms or specialty dining. Here’s the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609250

I also suggest that you read the information about Edge dining options on the Celebrity web site.

We will be sailing on The Edge Jan.6, 2019 for the first time. We are in an infinite veranda. We signed up for anytime dining. I believe that I need to make reservations for all dining rooms. Since there are 4 MDR, is there any reason we shouldn't just plan to do a different one each night? I don't understand when I've read that travelers will be "assigned a dining room". Can someone clarify? I also don't understand why I would pay for meals at specialty restaurants, when there seem to be SO many dining options that are complimentary. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can make reservations at all the different MDRs, if you are Select (Anytime) Dining. All 4 restaurants will have 75% of their nightly menu the same as the other 4 (which will change each night), with 25% different in the restaurants (will stay the same each night). It may be that this is enough variety for you, but many of us want to try the other interesting new venues onboard (BBQ, upscale steakhouse, seafood, etc.).

If you look at this thread, your questions may be better answered.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609250

This chart may also help you understand the dining venues onboard. There are a lot of choices! :D

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf