What's the best way to find out if...

What's the best way to find out if a particular head waiter is still on board a particular ship?

Last year we sailed on the Breeze and our head waiter in the dining room was a lovely Croatian (I think? Maybe Russian. Something Baltic though, I'm sure of it.) named Bojan. And I'd love it if, at all possible, when we sail again in June if he's there to have him as our head waiter.

Would it be best to just email the maitre' d?

Thanks.

Strings

Would it be best to just email the maitre' d?

Privacy policies will get in the way and besides Carnival management won't accept service staff requests. Can you imagine the chaos on these boards that would result if this were even possible?!? :)

I spoke to a waiter....Once their contract is up...They can request another ship. He said his performance and seniority play a big part in getting the ship he wants. He said no guarantee he automatically gets a b2b contract on same ship...So it seems like musical chairs in getting next assignment assuming they want to continue

Get ready to get flamed! I asked this same question about a head waiter and all of cruise critic ripped me apart!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trust me, as the mom of a special needs kid who also happens to be a bit of a liberal hippie...I'm used to the flames. LOL Doesn't bother me one stinkin' bit.

It’s quite possible that he’s on the same ship. Over the past 11 years we’ve ran into many of the same crew members on the West Coast ships.

On our last Splendor Cruise in February we had the same room steward as we had on the Miracle a few years ago. Also one of the Splendor GS crew was last on the Miracle with us. Another waitress (Paradise, Inspiration) still remembers our order from years ago and even our DD’s food allergy.

Ask a hostess, they know the waitstaff.

Even if he still is on the same ship, there's no guarantee that you would be assigned to his tables unless you choose ATD. Then you could request his area.

We have always (except for that first cruise when we didn't know any better) chosen any time dining.:-) And we always ask for the same wait staff, as long as we have a good experience on the first night which we usually do. :-)

DH and I had booked the same table in YTD on our Jan. 25th Paradise cruise because we really liked the head waiter and her staff. When we sailed on the Paradise 2 weeks later, we asked for the same table, but she and her staff were not the ones waiting on that table :-( The new ones were okay, but not as much fun as on the previous cruise. My point being, there are changes made and these changes were done within 2 weeks, so I would guess the head waiter you liked a year ago on the Breeze may not even be on the Breeze now as cruise staff get swapped out with other ships.