Taxi to Daniel Johnston's Monkeys and Sloths

Seekup

We'll arrive at Coxen Hole. Has anyone taken a taxi to see the sloths and monkeys? I've asked a couple of the usual tour operators about adding it on to a zipline tour and it's $40-$45 pp, which seems really high to me.

One operator mentioned that they could take us ziplining, then back to the port where we could take a taxi to Daniels. Wondering how much and how reliable a taxi should be. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Pam

We'll arrive at Coxen Hole. Has anyone taken a taxi to see the sloths and monkeys? I've asked a couple of the usual tour operators about adding it on to a zipline tour and it's $40-$45 pp, which seems really high to me.

One operator mentioned that they could take us ziplining, then back to the port where we could take a taxi to Daniels. Wondering how much and how reliable a taxi should be. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Pam

Basic private tour prices on Roatan are based on a per person rate and are fairly standard whichever operator you use. (The more people in van the less the price person.)

Then you can add on entrance price to whatever activities you want. We have always found having a private driver for the day is the most cost efficient method. For a day tour the price is not bad to visit multiple places but for a simple beach trip somewhere, it is expensive. For that reason I don’t see how getting a separate taxi from the port can be beneficial when you would already be paying for the tour vehicle for the day?

Here is an example of prices from Rony as it is laid out in an easy to read format - it states additional price pp of $10 for sloths.

http://ronystours.com/ronys-private-tour/

• 2 weeks later...
HIGHLY recommend Rony. We've toured with him at least 8 times. I would not recommend just walking out and picking a random driver. His fees are very low to have a private driver for the day. We've had an awesome day with him every time!

Totally agree about Rony. We had a tour with them 2 weeks back and had a great day. They met us outside the gates and made sure we were taken care of the whole day.

• 2 weeks later...