Liquor Taxes/Prices

odessy

Heading to the Caribbean next week on the Gem. Can anyone tell me how many bottles I can bring back tax free?

Also does anyone know out of these ports which one has best prices?

St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Johns, St. Croix

Thanks

And don't sweat the small change. Duty on anything over the limit is usually only a buck or two. Have a list of prices from your local area with you to compare and make informed decisions on buying. The Carib is not quite the bargain it used to be but you can still find items not available Stateside.

Heading to the Caribbean next week on the Gem. Can anyone tell me how many bottles I can bring back tax free?

Also does anyone know out of these ports which one has best prices?

St. Kitts, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Johns, St. Croix

Thanks

I found St. Kitts to have great prices!!!

And don't sweat the small change. Duty on anything over the limit is usually only a buck or two. Have a list of prices from your local area with you to compare and make informed decisions on buying. The Carib is not quite the bargain it used to be but you can still find items not available Stateside.

Good point. I have a few in mind that I want to compare. So I will jot down current prices.

Got off the Gem beginning of February. Prices in St. John's were not great. We were told from the onboard liquor store that if we found a cheaper price on the islands to take a picture and they would match it. My friend did this and bought the bottles on the ship. I would confirm that they will do this for you.