Driving/Golf Cart Map of Bonaire with points of interest

jayjoker2175

Has anyone uploaded a .pdf of the map that is given when renting a golf cart? Or does anyone have a points of interest map in .PDF form that they can share? I have searched the web to no avail trying to find one. I have rented a car for the day while in port and want to plan out our route and points of interests.

I have downloaded Maps.me for our cruise in a couple of weeks. It came recommended on these boards.I have already downloaded the map for the ABC islands and points of interest are on the map. Hope that helps. Probably harder to plan things out is advance like a PDF would.

This isn't a .pdf, but it may help with planning ahead. I created it with my favorite things to do on Bonaire - blue dots marks are scuba/snorkeling sites, red are activities, yellow is shopping and green are restaurants. Click on the markers and you can launch the website to learn more. https://fusiontables.google.com/embedviz?q=select+col2+from+1pOKNHAMGZmM1kiEKX1B_VUqm3p62fYUP5fYakJ8v&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=12.168377307193646&lng=-68.28971888085937&t=1&z=12&l=col2&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=ONE_COL_LAT_LNG There's more I need to add, but it's a start. I created it for my guests at my vacation rental, especially those who are coming for the first time to Bonaire.

This isn't a .pdf, but it may help with planning ahead. I created it with my favorite things to do on Bonaire - blue dots marks are scuba/snorkeling sites, red are activities, yellow is shopping and green are restaurants. Click on the markers and you can launch the website to learn more. https://fusiontables.google.com/embedviz?q=select+col2+from+1pOKNHAMGZmM1kiEKX1B_VUqm3p62fYUP5fYakJ8v&viz=MAP&h=false&lat=12.168377307193646&lng=-68.28971888085937&t=1&z=12&l=col2&y=2&tmplt=2&hml=ONE_COL_LAT_LNG There's more I need to add, but it's a start. I created it for my guests at my vacation rental, especially those who are coming for the first time to Bonaire.

Jenya....this is AMAZING. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. It must have taken a lot of work to put together...I have book marked it for future reference. We visited the ABC Islands last October and Bonaire was my favorite! Cannot wait to return in a year or two.

I see you are from Bonaire. May I ask you a question? We rented golf carts (a blast) and drove all over the Island. Stopped at many point to take pics. As we passed the slave huts and salt mine, we were driving along the coast. (I think there were windmills there too). Along the coast were millions of structures which lasted for miles. Some were large and some were small. They seemed to look like voo doo heads or something. Some were pretty scary looking and of course they were all hand made. Do you know what all of this represented? Extremely curious.

Thank you - it took a long time to learn how to make the maps, but once I made one, I can easily make them. I actually have this one in an app. I have an app for sea turtle sightings and working with MiVaBo to create a map of places in Bonaire that are acccessible for people in wheelchairs or have mobility challenges. I think it would be fun to create one for cruisers and I can add markers for places recommended on this forum.

Are you referring to the piled up stones on the beaches on the South of the Island, and sculptures made with beach trash? I was curious about that, but from what locals tell me, it's just the musings of locals, creating art from found objects to stand as long as nature will allow.

If it's something else you're referring to, I'd love to investigate!

Thank you - it took a long time to learn how to make the maps, but once I made one, I can easily make them. I actually have this one in an app. I have an app for sea turtle sightings and working with MiVaBo to create a map of places in Bonaire that are acccessible for people in wheelchairs or have mobility challenges. I think it would be fun to create one for cruisers and I can add markers for places recommended on this forum.

Are you referring to the piled up stones on the beaches on the South of the Island, and sculptures made with beach trash? I was curious about that, but from what locals tell me, it's just the musings of locals, creating art from found objects to stand as long as nature will allow.

If it's something else you're referring to, I'd love to investigate!

That's It!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much. It was absolutely mind boggling and fascinating. I don't know why we didn't take pictures. I think we were in such awe of the whole thing. Next time we return, we will definitely take pics. LOVE Bonaire!!!! Thank you for all that you do and share.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome!!!!! I just returned from my Cruise and visited a lot of sites on your map! We rented a truck and toured the north and south, and even risked it and took the dirt road from Gotomeer area up to radio towers and back down to town to avoid going all the way back around the other way due to the one way street close to 1000 steps. We ate iguana and goat in Rincon, had spirits at cadushary etc... Bonaire was by far our favorite port, can’t wait to comeback and spend more time there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jayjoker did you use my map? I'm thrilled you found it useful. I'd like to create one specifically for cruisers that has less diving and things like grocery stores. If I do that, I'll post a new thread and ask cruisers to recommend points of interest and comments to add. For example, the beach sculptures. Would you be interested in providing some feedback? Thanks! ~Jeyna

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am renting a golf cart in a couple of weeks while in Bonaire.  I am wondering where the cruise ships dock?

I will be on Freedom of the Seas.  We will be in port from 9am-5pm.  I am trying to get my bearings straight with which direction to go.  North or South.  I read that trying to do the whole island in a day may not be possible or too stressful.

• 2 months later...
On 3/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, wishing4wind said:

Hi.

I really like your map and would like to be able to take it along when we are in Bonaire next week; however, I won't have data.   What I'd like to do is get the data in a KML file so I could import it into Maps.Me.   Would you do this?

Also, I see that Fusion tables are going away in early Dec 2019 so this map will probably stop working soon.  I'd image that you've gotten some emails about this. 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:27 PM, wishing4wind said:

This is GREAT!!!  Question - I know that Bonaire is one of the best places to scuba - but what about snorkeling from the beach/shore?  If we rent a golf cart, which of the blue markers are best for snorkeling?  Also, we will be there mid February - is the water temperature nice and warm or is it chilly?

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!v Fusion tables are going away so I have a google map now! 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rn6U7Nz9iJQJ2H5O82PVQ59awp_tZatm&usp=sharing

Also, for cruisers to go snorkelling my best recommendation is to go to Plaza Resort, a short walking distance south of the pier. There's a small charge but the snorkelling is great, so convenient and the water is always warm, especially in Feb. 

Edited by wishing4wind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wishing4wind said:

Yes!v Fusion tables are going away so I have a google map now! 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rn6U7Nz9iJQJ2H5O82PVQ59awp_tZatm&usp=sharing

Also, for cruisers to go snorkelling my best recommendation is to go to Plaza Resort, a short walking distance south of the pier. There's a small charge but the snorkelling is great, so convenient and the water is always warm, especially in Feb. 

Thank you!  We decided to book with Woodwind on their 4 hour tour (morning tour), so we might be 'snorkeled' out afterwards - what other things would you suggest we do for a few hours before going back to the ship?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...