Hotels near Las Ramblas, Barcelona

gulfgreek

It's been about 5 years ago, but we stayed at Hotel Jazz. It's within walking distance of Los Ramblas. At the time, it was highly recommended on TripAdvisor. Do beware of pickpockets in Barcelona - met several people who had that problem.

Agree with the above that La Rambla is not the best area to stay in Barcelona. I'd recommend Hotel Euro Park on Aragó street in the charming Eixample neighborhood. It's closer to the Sagrada Familia than La Rambla. It's next to a nice maket, about a ten minute walk to Passeig de Gracia, 15 minute walk to Plaza Catalunya, and 20 minutes to La Rambla.

I agree on all counts. Las Ramblas is kind of like Times Square, at least the way I remember it. And we also stayed at the Europark in Eixample and were very pleasantly surprised. Walking distance to La Sagrada Familia, other Gaudi sights, easy access to Metro, nice neighbourhood, little bistros nearby, and walkable to the wonderful quirky Gracia neighbourhood.

For the best of both worlds, I'd recommend the Hotel Duquesa de Cardona. It's easily walkable to Las Ramblas, but it's also on the edge of the Gothic Quarter (which we loved) and is right on the water, so it's a quick taxi ride to the ship. We had easy walks to the beach, Las Ramblas, and throughout the Gothic Quarter. And the hotel itself is just lovely. The staff can't do enough for you. Great breakfast served in the original 15th-century part of the hotel. (The rest is modern.) Ask for a room with a view of the port. We had a rare inclement day when we were there, but the terrace on the roof has a lovely outdoor restaurant and small pool that overlooks the port. We would've spent all our time up there in better weather.