Final payment and reservations

travelswithK

Hi, I am brand-new to cruising, but I am also a serious planner, so I have a couple of questions about my final payment for a Western Med cruise in August on the Epic.

1. If I pay the balance in full before the final payment date, can I still get a full refund if I cancel before the final payment would have been due? (I have read the terms and conditions, but I am still confused.)

2. I booked this cruise back in April 2017, which means my final payment is due 90 days out. However, I see that they are now making the final payment due 120 day out, so I am presuming some people could be booking the same cruise and their final payment will be due a month sooner than mine. Will show and specialty dining reservations open up for booking 120 days out? And if they do, does anyone know if I will have to have paid in full before I can start booking?

1 - yes. If you cancel anytime before final payment, you can get a refund. if you cancel after final payment, that is when the cancellation schedule kicks in- https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

2- you do not have to be paid in the full do the online booking for shows and dinning. The booking window is very slow to open, sometimes it open exactly at 120 days out, sometimes 115 days out and sometimes 110 days and so on. Just keep checking the website daily. to get a ballpark idea of when it is possible to make reservations, try to book a show. it should say something like too early book check after xx/yy

Hi, I am brand-new to cruising, but I am also a serious planner, so I have a couple of questions about my final payment for a Western Med cruise in August on the Epic.

1. If I pay the balance in full before the final payment date, can I still get a full refund if I cancel before the final payment would have been due? (I have read the terms and conditions, but I am still confused.)

2. I booked this cruise back in April 2017, which means my final payment is due 90 days out. However, I see that they are now making the final payment due 120 day out, so I am presuming some people could be booking the same cruise and their final payment will be due a month sooner than mine. Will show and specialty dining reservations open up for booking 120 days out? And if they do, does anyone know if I will have to have paid in full before I can start booking?

1. Yes, you’ll get it back.

2. Bookings open at 100 days for Haven/Suites, 90 days for everyone else.

3. Final payment is 120 days out for Haven/Suites. I didn’t know they’d changed that to others.

EU countries have different cancellation policies.

1 - yes. If you cancel anytime before final payment, you can get a refund. if you cancel after final payment, that is when the cancellation schedule kicks in- https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

2- you do not have to be paid in the full do the online booking for shows and dinning. The booking window is very slow to open, sometimes it open exactly at 120 days out, sometimes 115 days out and sometimes 110 days and so on. Just keep checking the website daily. to get a ballpark idea of when it is possible to make reservations, try to book a show. it should say something like too early book check after xx/yy

Very helpful! Thank you!