Flowrider Private Lesson

It's been a few years since cruised, but I thought we signed up the kids for private flow rider lessons in the cruise planner before we boarded. I don't see these in our cruise planner now, but we don't cruise for a few months. Anyone confirm I should be able to sign up for Flowrider lessons in cruise planner.

• 4 months later...
Has anyone been able to (recently) purchase a Flowrider lesson/private session online? I know I have done it in the past but it is not showing up as an option on any cruise I am booked for currently.

Thanks.

I called last week and asked this exact question. They said the bookings should be available between 60 and 90 days from cruise date. The lessons should be listed under the activities section.

Has anyone been able to (recently) purchase a Flowrider lesson/private session online? I know I have done it in the past but it is not showing up as an option on any cruise I am booked for currently.

Thanks.

There are always times that you can book either as a lesson or a private sesssion or group lesson on every sailing. Many times on crowded ships a group of us in line will book a session for 5 or 6 of us.

Because there are two flowriders on the Symphony, it should be especially easy to do on board.

JC

There are always times that you can book either as a lesson or a private sesssion or group lesson on every sailing. Many times on crowded ships a group of us in line will book a session for 5 or 6 of us.

Because there are two flowriders on the Symphony, it should be especially easy to do on board.

JC

Once again....you and Mr Ski must be twins! He always tells the sports team that anytime there is an available spot in a "lesson/session" to put him down for it.

It is actually our next sailing after SY that I am looking to book. We have a "newbie flowrider" with us and want to get a lesson booked the first night. (Mr Ski says they will even skip dinner if they have to in order to get the new guy the lesson.) So I am anxiously awaiting bookings to open. Since it isn't showing on any of our "cruise planner" options for any of the sailings, I was just curious. Thanks.

I called last week and asked this exact question. They said the bookings should be available between 60 and 90 days from cruise date. The lessons should be listed under the activities section.

Thanks. The activities section is what I have been "watching". Thanks for confirming that is where it should show up....at some point.

We have a "newbie flowrider" with us and want to get a lesson booked the first night.

Before you go to that trouble, have the newbie prepared on embarkation day to go to the Flowrider as it opens (usually about 1PM). Have the newbie join the regular crowd (should be small enough at that time) and see if it's for them. A lesson might be wasted on a person for whom Flowriding is not it.

Before you go to that trouble, have the newbie prepared on embarkation day to go to the Flowrider as it opens (usually about 1PM). Have the newbie join the regular crowd (should be small enough at that time) and see if it's for them. A lesson might be wasted on a person for whom Flowriding is not it.

Thank you so much for the advice. I am sure it will be very helpful to others.

However, we know this guy is going to be "all over it" as he has learned to wakesurf this year and is very athletic. The other issue is, the ship only has one FR rather than two....so the first day/afternoon will most likely be boogie board only...which he is not interested in trying. They are hoping to get a lesson the first night so that he will be "ready" for first thing the next day and won't spend too many tries as a "total newbie" when there is a line. Thanks again for the info!

I agree, but on the my last non-Oasis class ship (Freedom 2013 and Navigator 2016) they only did boogie board on the opening day. On the Anthem, Oasis, and Ovation they did stand-up.

Skiiergirl, I only hesitate about lessons because of what I have witnessed. I have witnessed hundreds of people who think they want to do stand-up only to discover after a few wipeouts, that they have no real interest. That is why I would not schedule a lesson until they have tried it at least a few times in a regular session.

On my last two cruises the Anthem and the Oavation, they had pop-up (appeared in the daily schedule) evening sessions. I skipped dinner with my group slammed a bit of windjammer and had some great sessions. One of my favorites was sailing out of Hong Kong Harbor with all of the lights from the city and the sky scrapers. Loved it.

JC

I agree, but on the my last non-Oasis class ship (Freedom 2013 and Navigator 2016) they only did boogie board on the opening day. On the Anthem, Oasis, and Ovation they did stand-up.

Skiiergirl, I only hesitate about lessons because of what I have witnessed. I have witnessed hundreds of people who think they want to do stand-up only to discover after a few wipeouts, that they have no real interest. That is why I would not schedule a lesson until they have tried it at least a few times in a regular session.

On my last two cruises the Anthem and the Oavation, they had pop-up (appeared in the daily schedule) evening sessions. I skipped dinner with my group slammed a bit of windjammer and had some great sessions. One of my favorites was sailing out of Hong Kong Harbor with all of the lights from the city and the sky scrapers. Loved it.

JC

See my reply to Biker's post above. Looks like you and I were posting at the exact same time.