Carnival hub and WiFi question

Laurie7724

Can someone tell me how reliable the chat service is on Carnival hub? Also with their WiFi packages can you use iMessage and Snapchat? If so would it work on all the packages or just the top 2? I thought I read on here that iMessage does work but on Carnivals website it says no iMessage. We will be on the Magic.

The chat feature worked reasonably well for our group last week on Conquest but with the app constantly disconnecting from the ship's wifi, you had to keep the app open (and your phone out of sleep mode) in order to get chat messages in a timely manner. Also, there were two occasions when someone in our group chatted me but the message was never delivered - the sender showed me her chat window on her phone where she sent the messages but they were never delivered to my phone.

I've always been curious about it, too, since our upcoming cruise will be the first time we'll get to use the HUB app. We were on Conquest two years ago, but it wasn't available yet. So I've paid close attention to people talking about the chat feature. I've heard everything from, it worked great to it was terrible, and everything in between. Different experiences on different ships, different times of day (heavy usage), different parts of the ship, you name it. If you do decide to pay for chat (only $5 per device for the entire cruise) and have a bad experience with it, I've read a lot of people telling Guest Services and getting a refund.

iMessages are another question I've had. Two years ago, iMessages worked perfectly with the Social plan. Whether texting one another on board or people back home, no issues (other than some areas of the ship where wifi sucked). But at that time, the wording on Carnvial's site was different. They didn't specifically mentioned no iMessage on the Social plan like it does now. With that said, I've seen people on here say that it did work for them on Social. Carnival's wording isn't very straight forward: "Does not support access to video and music streaming (such as Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, Pandora), iMessage or Skype." They include iMessage with a list of video/music streaming apps, but iMessage is a simple messaging app, just like facebook messenger, snapchat, and whatsapp...all three of which DO work on the Social plan. So why not iMessage? So I'm hoping for a definitive answer from someone who's been on the Glory recently with the Social plan who could or couldn't use iMessage.

Can someone tell me how reliable the chat service is on Carnival hub? Also with their WiFi packages can you use iMessage and Snapchat? If so would it work on all the packages or just the top 2? I thought I read on here that iMessage does work but on Carnivals website it says no iMessage. We will be on the Magic.

Have had no issues with the carnival messenger, but sometimes roommates don't hear it. Wifi is slow, never used those two social media platforms so I can't speak to them. One of my roommates had a miserable time trying to download a podcast, but it did work for facebook.